MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS visor

Article about: I have owned this cap for some years, now, and would welcome opinions on any/all of the following: i) is the insignia of sufficient quality for such a high ranking wearer... ii) is the skull

Default SS visor

I have owned this cap for some years, now, and would welcome opinions on any/all of the following: i) is the insignia of sufficient quality for such a high ranking wearer... ii) is the skull positioning too high upon the velvet head band... iii) is the chin-cord too large for the hat size...the red-rot to parts of the vulcanised leather peak, the labelling and markings alond
    g with the general wear and tear for a mid-1930s item have always satisfied me but this thread on metal cap insignia has me intrigued...(8{

SS visorSS visorSS visorSS visorSS visorSS visorSS visor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor
    P
    Many

Sorry to say that nothing good about this cap!
    Plastic shield, five digit nr on rzm label.. Should be 6 digit nr. The insignia is imo fake too..
    We have a thread for paying members where you would be able to see many others like this supposed allgemeine ss generals visor.

SS Black-Top OFFICER Schirmmuetzen

?

Apart from your observations that the chincords are too long (and presumably not original to that cap), the skull-badge is too high (because the centerband is too narrow which is the real problem) some more observations:
    a cap for this rank in Trikot? Eskimo, Doeskin, Tuch etc. would be called for.
    The velvet of the centerband is another problem - compare to originals on the forum.
    The tag, as Ullergaard already mentioned, is fake - as a teacher I would give my pupils no good mark for their German. 2 mistakes in so short a text - compare to this one: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...s-hg-45a-g.jpg
    I don't know whether the cap is a reproduction or was made for a completely different purpose (undertaker?), but I am afraid Ullergaard is right. F-B could have told you for sure.

There are a few visors out there with 5 digits. But only the early ones (34/35) with the white Label.SS visorSS visorSS visor

one moreSS visor

?

Curious if this white tag looks legitimate with 5 digits. It's the right tag for an early cap, sorry for the poor quality photo

SS visor
    Regards, Al

Aldo, bad tag.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thank you, I avoided an expensive mistake. But if the tag is fake what else can be wrong here. The cap looked right for a circa 1934-35 type in my eyes, despite the poor photo's.

SS visorSS visor

SS visorSS visor

SS visorSS visor

SS visor
    Regards, Al