Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ss visor cap from hungarian flea market. What is it?

Article about: Hi, I picked up a small visor cap at a flea market in Hungary a few years ago with the eagle and deaths head badges attached. The stall owner told me in very bad English that it was an SS ta

Default Ss visor cap from hungarian flea market. What is it?

Hi,
    I picked up a small visor cap at a flea market in Hungary a few years ago with the eagle and deaths head badges attached. The stall owner told me in very bad English that it was an SS tank commanders cap, which I know it is not, I am also fairly convinced that it is a marriage of the cap and badges, all of which are most likely copies. It was, however, quite cheap at 60 euros, so I took a punt on it but until now have had no way of finding out about it. I have posted post some photos in the hopes that someone can identify what it is and if it is original or not, although I expect the worst.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss visor cap from hungarian flea market. What is it?   Ss visor cap from hungarian flea market. What is it?  

Ss visor cap from hungarian flea market. What is it?   Ss visor cap from hungarian flea market. What is it?  

Ss visor cap from hungarian flea market. What is it?   Ss visor cap from hungarian flea market. What is it?  

Ss visor cap from hungarian flea market. What is it?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss visor cap from hungarian flea market. What is it?
    P
    Many

Sorry pal, I can tell the insignia is most definitely bad and I don't even collect this. I don't know what the cap is but I'd be surprised if it is wartime German, I don't recognise the style. You have been done a bit here I think

Yeah, thought that was the case. I don't feel too cheated because I bought it knowing the cap was probably 100% wrong and took a punt on the insignia. I would still like to know where this cap came from. I guess its post war and looks a bit like a Station Workers cap or something? Anyway thanks for confirming what I already suspected.

....Cheap at 60 euros....

Do you think so, even if its a fake?

?

Andy,

Having been reading these posts for some months now, I know people have been burned for a lot more than 60 Euros on fakes. Best to chalk it up to experience.

I thought that the cap looked like something a railway worker would wear but who knows? It looks like a kind of denim material. I can't believe it has ever been worn and feel its fairly recent.

Regards,

Philip

a total fantasy design. The cap does not resemble anything worn by any German military or paramilitary unit. As previously stated, a set of reproduction insignia. To me, such a piece has no value. If you are interested in collecting, you should first buy some reference material so you have the ability to recognise what a genuine piece looks like.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

cap looks sebian/croat area.

That was my thoughts Harry Yugo area or maybe even Hungry or Rummania timothy

?

Actually, the insignia could possibly be authentic. Obviously monkeyed with and not in good condition anyway but real maybe.

The cap looks post war made to me, Hungarian or maybe Austrian?