Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS visor hat. Is it a fake?

Article about: hello guys im new to this forum i had this item for a long time and was wondering if its real or fake i dont collect ss stuff only the other branches so i would appreciate your info thanks s

kling501
    ?

Default SS visor hat. Is it a fake?

hello guys im new to this forum i had this item for a long time and was wondering if its real or fake i dont collect ss stuff only the other branches so i would appreciate your info thanks stan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS visor hat. Is it a fake?   SS visor hat. Is it a fake?  

SS visor hat. Is it a fake?   SS visor hat. Is it a fake?  

2. # ADS

Default re: SS visor hat. Is it a fake?

Hi Stan, welcome to the forum!

Yes, the cap is a fake as is the cap eagle.

The overall construction is sloppy compared with an original. Note the crooked application of the piping etc. The wool material used in making it may be original but taken from something else.

Cheers, Ade.

I agree, the cap is fake
    Original color piped SS visors are extremely rare.

Regards
    Jon-Olav

not original

kling501
    ?

Default Re: SS visor hat. Is it a fake?

so you think the cloth is real on this. i would like to say what are some signs of it being a repo . you said the piping was wavy upon your repy i looked and the picture does not do it justice. piping is straight as an arrow. also where the cloth panels match with the cap band they alien perfact. the only thing i dont like is the liner leather. and yes the eagle is a fake i put it on . thanks for the info and any other responces stan

Default Re: SS visor hat. Is it a fake?

Do buy the Beaver Shea book and reflect on the authentic examples depicted therein and then make a judgment.

The Kupper mark in this cap does not fit to the time and place of same, either.

SS field caps with the cloth bill are among the rarest and most sought after objects.

An authentic cap with colored piping from the Paul Kaps Neisse firm appeared on one website, and it was entirely different from this pathetic thing here.

Here is the iconic Wolfe Hardin cap which is also in the Beaver Shea book.

Happy headwear
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS visor hat. Is it a fake?