Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SSVT early Crusher

Article about: I have posted this visor elsewhere in the SS Uniform/Insignia forum on warrelics.eu but would like to post here on the authentication forum. This piece was obtained from a 50 year old collec

?

Default SSVT early Crusher

I have posted this visor elsewhere in the SS Uniform/Insignia forum on warrelics.eu but would like to post here on the authentication forum. This piece was obtained from a 50 year old collection when the collector died in Florida last year. It is supposed to be from the Mollo hoard of similar crushers found in Europe in 70s/80s. It is identical in materials, construction from other known original cloth billed crushers shown in the thread from 2014 by Stone Mint on cloth covered bill gray top ss visors and another post by Francesco Casanova in 2011 . When this visor was obtained it had a set of replaced/reproduction insignia on it. I am in process of replacing those. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSVT early Crusher   SSVT early Crusher  

SSVT early Crusher   SSVT early Crusher  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSVT early Crusher
    P
    Many

?

Bill, I have very little experience with these rare cloth bill crushers and I can hardly offer a real authentication. That being said I really like the look of this cap. aside from the fake insignia as you stated the construction and the coarse wool material seem correct although I've seen many examples of these in Trikot or gabardine. the stitching seems to be good quality and it all lines up. The lining does match an example on post#35 of Stonemint's thread on crushers. For the purpose of this thread you should probably put a link to those posts you mentioned. Hopefully some more knowledgeable collectors can give you a definitive answer. If not I would probably reach out to a prominent dealer like Kelly Hicks or others for peace of mind. Good Luck, Al

?

https:SS Gray-Top White-piped EM/NCO Crushers

Please compare my crusher to several known originals in this post from 2014 by Stone Mint- an excellent reference thread on early ss crushers!! The construction and interior lining is uniform and identical to at least 2 examples shown!
    Last edited by drbill; 02-23-2021 at 07:36 PM. Reason: added info

?

The reference link is to be found here: click on it

SS Gray-Top White-piped EM/NCO Crushers

?

Default Update 2022 SOS in hand authentication

I went to the SOS and returned yesterday. I allowed 5 top SS collector/dealers examine this cap in hand ( the fake totenkopf and eagle have been replaced with originals). All 5 gave the visor hat 100% thumbs up. The people who examined in hand are: Bob Hritz, Kelly Hicks,
    Bob Demmel, Gus Villareal, and Walter Dudgeon. Just wanted to update all who read this post.

?

I'm glad it was authenticated, I certainly liked it when you first posted it. I would love to own a crusher like that some day. Congratulations!
    Regards, Al