Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this German Army Tropical Field Cap please

Article about: Thoughts on this German Army Tropical Field Cap please , I like some of the points but not 100% sure , any help would be great thank you

Default Thoughts on this German Army Tropical Field Cap please

Thoughts on this German Army Tropical Field Cap please , I like some of the points but not 100% sure , any help would be great thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this German Army Tropical Field Cap please   Thoughts on this German Army Tropical Field Cap please  

Thoughts on this German Army Tropical Field Cap please   Thoughts on this German Army Tropical Field Cap please  

Thoughts on this German Army Tropical Field Cap please   Thoughts on this German Army Tropical Field Cap please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this German Army Tropical Field Cap please
    P
    Many

Odd that it had the soutach and cockade but no eagle?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you for the reply , i think there is a eagle also with it .How does the cap itself look ? i was unsure of the inner cap band

?

I think Mike Seager Thomas gives the answer in his The Afrikamütze Database, Part. II: The Fake (free download of all three parts here:

The Afrikamütze Database; A Guide to the Identification, Context and Interpretation of the German Army Tropical Peaked Cap, 1940–43, Part 1: The Authentic Cap. Artefact Services Research Papers 8/1 : Mike Seager Thomas : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

The Afrikamütze Database; A Guide to the Identification, Context and Interpretation of the German Army Tropical Peaked Cap, 1940–43, Part 2: The Fake. Artefact Services Research Papers 8/2 : Mike Seager Thomas : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

The Afrikamütze Database; A Guide to the Identification, Context and Interpretation of the German Army Tropical Peaked Cap, 1940–43. References & Appendices. Artefact Services Research Papers 8/3 : Mike Seager Thomas : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Extremely valuable information for free, strongly recommended for anyone interested in this kind of caps!

Just saw that the links don't work, see here (these work): Afrika korps cap

Ok thank you

I saw this cap on eBay fairly recently and immediately thought that this was a post war production that is quite common in Eastern Europe as I’ve seen several advertised. There’s a chap in England sells them and advertises them on eBay as produce by a gentleman that has passed away and material is running out so limited caps available! They retail at £159 first pattern caps and £189 for this particular 2nd pattern caps. I believe this is one of those