Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Three caps for review

Article about: Hi guys, Could I please get your opinions on these three visor caps? I have a Heer artillery officer's cap, a Forestry service officer's cap, and an SA kepi. Thanks for you help, gentlemen.

Default Three caps for review

Hi guys,

Could I please get your opinions on these three visor caps? I have a Heer artillery officer's cap, a Forestry service officer's cap, and an SA kepi.

Thanks for you help, gentlemen.

Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three caps for review  
    Attached Images Attached Images Three caps for review  Three caps for review  Three caps for review  Three caps for review  Three caps for review  Three caps for review  Three caps for review  Three caps for review  Three caps for review  Three caps for review 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three caps for review
    P
    Many

Default Re: Three caps for review

All the badges and chin straps look brand new, poor definition and no wear or patination at all. What worries me more is that the vendor appears to be the same guy as the one with the SS helmet you posted and I liked! I'm having second thoughts now to be honest...

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

From what I can see in the images, the caps all appear to be period. The Forestry cap has a political form eagle which is incorrect. It should have the civil form eagle. However, period photographs have shown various caps with the incorrect badge. I would like to see an interior shot of the kepi but it looks good from the images posted. It appears to be a sky blue top color for Gruppe Hochland. Does it have the Hochland edelweiss on the left side?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    From what I can see in the images, the caps all appear to be period. The Forestry cap has a political form eagle which is incorrect. It should have the civil form eagle. However, period photographs have shown various caps with the incorrect badge. I would like to see an interior shot of the kepi but it looks good from the images posted. It appears to be a sky blue top color for Gruppe Hochland. Does it have the Hochland edelweiss on the left side?
    Thanks for the concise reply Bob, I feel a bit better now!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

nice caps! and in mint condition too.
    -Patrick

?

They all look like authentic examples to me.