Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown stamp in side cap.

Article about: Hello everyone. A bit new in the world of collecting. I got this side cap out of a inheritance and found a lot of useful info about it on this forum. Most information and checks are telling

Default Unknown stamp in side cap.

Hello everyone.

A bit new in the world of collecting.

I got this side cap out of a inheritance and found a lot of useful info about it on this forum.
    Most information and checks are telling me it's the real deal and not a fake.

But one detail about this hat has really got my attention, and that's the stamp that's inside.

It reads:

" SS-brigade..(unreadable)

Image of what is most probably the Ss-eagle

"Greifelt"

I'v been searching online but did not find one stamp similar to this one.

The only direction my searches send me is that it was maybe the cap of Ulrich Greifelt, as it also came with a NSSK dagger.
    I know this is a longshot, but it's the only thing I got.

So I want to check if anybody has ever seen this stamp before and knows something more about it.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown stamp in side cap.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I don't study these so am by no means proficient to pass judgment but I do have some concerns. Providing my two cents below but hopefully this will bump the thread and get more responses for you by those more qualified. I'm happy to be wrong.

The visor may be an M40 but not seeing the sides I can't be sure. Like you noted I have never seen a stamp like this either, I would guess it is fantasy. Second, the skull appears to be fake as well (I'm sure there were variations). Please compare to the fine example in the attached link below.

And...Ulrich Greifelt held the rank of Obergruppenfuhrer (General). This is not an officers cap)

Waffen SS M40 Feldmütze neu art

You can find many more examples using the search function on the forum to compare to.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sorry the stamp is a fantasy design and the cap and insignia are fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for your professional opinions. Now I know!