Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Visor Lot :))

Article about: Any info or comments appreciated!!!! If you could only buy two which would you want!

Default Visor Lot :)) NSKK crusher +

Any info or comments appreciated!!!!
    All images click to enlarge and zoom.
    If you could only buy two which would you want!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor Lot :))
    P
    Many

NONE as they are all fake. I'm not trying to be rude but you have been a member here for less than a month and are posting thread after thread of bulk lots of items, I m assuming with money to burn. If you are going to use the collective knowledge of this forum (gained over hard years and COUNTLESS dollars they have spent) to build "your" collection, at least have the courtesy to make a donation to the forum? It s the very least you could do!

Brian

A general word of advice on branch color-piped SS visors: Stay away from them.

Real specimens are both extremely rare and extremely expensive, which is the reason why they are heavily faked.

Really, they are only for advanced collectors. With deep pockets.

Excellent point Andreas as always. And the NSKK cap is most likely a janke-ish fake. Not that the OP would know what is meant by that. As I doubt he's used the search function to look up any information on his own. Nor have I read the words PLEASE and or THANK YOU in any of his posts over the past several days. P.S HPL I'm not trying to drag you into my rant I m just a little off my rocker at the moment, my regards to you.

Brian

TWS
    ?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    A general word of advice on branch color-piped SS visors: Stay away from them.

Real specimens are both extremely rare and extremely expensive, which is the reason why they are heavily faked.

Really, they are only for advanced collectors. With deep pockets.
    100% spot on. There are probably more branched-piped WSS visors in existence now than there were in 1945.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    100% spot on. There are probably more branched-piped WSS visors in existence now than there were in 1945.
    All with Pidgeon headed fake eagles

Agreed--all are fakes.
    The NSKK Posen was posted years ago in the Questionable Visor Hats forum.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I've spent many hours researching items online and spent several hours in here. I've carefully read everyone's comments (several times). Even those that are very well versed and experienced still can learn. When I started looking through this collection I told myself everything was a fake - the blades are a little easier to understand and research but the clothes, soft caps visors? very difficult. I've been through many forums in all kinds of genres and this has been the most active and educational. I'm very impressed with your community. I was already planning on making a donation and if I buy anything I'll likely enjoy it for awhile and when I'm ready to pass it on I'll list it here in the classifieds - I am very appreciative of the help.

Default Believe me I'm appreciative.

I buy sell collect hoard all kinds of art, antiques, literature, control line airplanes, photos that have been hand tinted, Victorian furniture, art deco, colonial American items, mid century modern, Hollywood revival, movie posters, primitive Americana, lighters (would love to find a GI bring back zippo from the Vietnam war that was inscribed overseas). One day I'm researching hand blown glass marbles, the next antique items from a funeral home, other days tin signs, Czechoslovakian glass, bone china, designer furniture, turn of the century modern design, hubley cast iron - you name it. This is how I spend my life, this is my hobby - so putting in the time is that hobby. I've been in here early mornings and late nights, looked over many well known sites even international. Normally when it comes to military I shy away because its a much more daunting task than any other subject matter. I might not know anything about antique military items but I recognized that and respected it enough to research and learn as much as possible prior to subsidizing the forgery industry. This forum has allowed me to learn more in a week than I could on my own in a year and without a resource such as this I might have done my learning by purchasing replicas and forgeries and potentially naively passed them on to the next person. I'm here because I know you guys have put in years of time in this subject, traveling to shows, museums, reading, chatting - living this and I respect that and put great weight into the comments you have made pretty much taken them as the gospel. And yes I could have said thanks more and showed more appreciation more than just clicking the like comment, thanks for comment buttons but hopefully this post makes up for some of that.

Sincerely Jason Wolfe

*Sincerely was first used in Roman times as a contractually signing - meaning "without wax" As the building contractors worked in Marble and if they made a mistake or damaged something a quick fix would be to fill it with wax. So contractors had to pledge they hadn't used wax to hide imperfections or faults.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AlphaWolfe View Post
    lighters (would love to find a GI bring back zippo from the Vietnam war that was inscribed overseas).
    Like this one? (unless this was engraved stateside)

Visor Lot :))Visor Lot :))
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast