Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Waffen-SS EM/NCO M43 Field Cap

Article about: Hi gents, I found this good-looking SS M43 EM field cap from a highly reputable dealer online. I'm wondering if it's authentic, and if it would be an accurate field cap for display with a op

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello again,
    merci d'utiliser la langue de Molière, c'est une attention très sympathique à mon égard (thank you for using Molière's language, it is a very nice attention to me). It is better to learn then to abstain, i've seen many of your posts on Schirmmützen, you comment perhaps because you do have some knowledge in this matter. The same can be achieved for other matters (i'm sure)...

Don't get me wrong gentlemen, i'm not saying that the example shown in this thread is a fake for sure. I can't guarantee that ALL caps made of italian gabardine were made according to the FULL official specifications. For me, these specifications constitute the base of everything, but were they followed by all makers?, i can't say, surely not. That's why i stick to a high level of specifications, the more the better. I do own four Einheitsfeldmützen, of which three are from the Heer, they're all different but they're all the same. They have different looks, are made of different cloths, with different linings, have different insignia, but they're all made the same way, with the same stitchings where they're supposed to be, the same internal "sweatband" that you can feel with your finger thru the lining and the same "hidden" features that usually help to make the difference between the good stuff and the crap.

My italian gabardine example is constructed the same way than my example made of Feldgrau woolen cloth. The one shown in this thread was apparently produced with less specifications. I also can't say if WSS caps made of italian gabardine were constructed differently than Heer caps made with the same cloth. If it was a Heer example, i would not buy it if it was offered to me, but anyone can think differently of course, i never forget that my first M43 cap was a fake, i was young and still full of hope...but in this matter knowledge is better than hope.
    Thanks
    just found this topic and reading about internal "sweatband jumped out of my chair and had to check my m43 luff and my m43 ss cap , (sweeting sweeting ) both have internal "sweatband i did not know about that , as i was always compering them as the m43 luff was vet pick up i know the source and could not fault the ss next to it ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS EM/NCO M43 Field Cap
    P
    Many

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4