Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS Officer crusher

Article about: Looking at possibly acquiring this new wss officer infantry officer crusher. Insignia on cap are not good but I truly believe cap is after in hand examination. Posting for additional feedbac

?

Default Waffen SS Officer crusher

Looking at possibly acquiring this new wss officer infantry officer crusher. Insignia on cap are not good but I truly believe cap is after in hand examination. Posting for additional feedback. Interior lower band is treated buckram and body of cap is very flexible. It is identical in construction to an officer visor owned by Bob Hritz.Waffen SS Officer crusherWaffen SS Officer crusherWaffen SS Officer crusherWaffen SS Officer crusherWaffen SS Officer crusherWaffen SS Officer crusherWaffen SS Officer crusherWaffen SS Officer crusher

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Officer crusher
    P
    Many

?

The exterior looks perfect. The interior, i. e. the pleating of the lining wasn't executed as carefully as the exterior. You will have examined the velvet and compared to your originals. The centerband seems to be dented where the skull is fastened.

The coating of the bill seems to be one of the thinner versions. Is the sweatband sewn in by hand or by sewing machine? There seem to be some holes in the sweatband where the ends join (or are these only small stains?).

How and where do the ends of the piping join?

I am eager to read the experts' opinion on this one. I adore the elegant shape which makes this cap, if original, even rarer.

?

The sweatband is machine sewn all the way around, no there are no holes near the joinder of sweatband that I can see under magnification. The velvet has a couple of waves from underlying buckram as opposed to fiberboard like regular visors.

?

Here are piping joinders, they are 100% as they should be , butted against each other and held by 2/3 stitchesWaffen SS Officer crusherWaffen SS Officer crusher

?

Here is an almost identical visor that Bob Hritz has posted on WAF in crusher segment. The material, construction, liner, sweatband and sizing fonts are very similar, almost identical. Probably same maker.Waffen SS Officer crusherWaffen SS Officer crusher

?

Bill, I have to say I like this crusher a lot. Aside from the fake insignia as you stated it compares favorably with the Hritz crusher you just posted. The key to these caps lie in the Lindensamt velvet band. As F-B used to point out that it should be organic and natural to the cap. That is to say smooth and wrinkle or bump free. It should not be ill fitting. I really can't judge by the photo's but aside from that one dent it looks clean.

The leather peak aka visor bill looks perfect and naturally aged.

The piping is joined correctly as you stated. This is what I see on my SS visors, 2 or 3 stitches with the piping perfectly lined up. That being said I've never handled one of these rare beauties so I can only comment on individual features, but I like what I see. Collectors are quick to dismiss these rare caps not unlike the Waffenfarbe variety but this is how you often end up with real quality items that other more timid collectors may shy away from.

You have an affinity for seeking out these soft billed crushers, you are probably more qualified than most.

Good Luck
    Regards, Al

?

I like this one as well. Construction looks correct and clean. The visor matches very well with the known original you show. You may indeed have a winner.

Tim

?

Picking up this original set of Zimmerman skull and eagle for this crusher from WAF.Waffen SS Officer crusherWaffen SS Officer crusher

?

Very nice set indeed. I have been watching that set.

Congrats.

Tim