Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS peaked/crusher cap. Authentic?

Article about: I've had this for 27 years. I always assumed it to be genuine, however upon doing some reading here I've found there's more than a bit of knowledge and experience here that I can benefit fro

Default Waffen SS peaked/crusher cap. Authentic?

I've had this for 27 years. I always assumed it to be genuine, however upon doing some reading here I've found there's more than a bit of knowledge and experience here that I can benefit from. Many eyes not colored by sentimental bias. I'd love to get the opinion of anyone who wishes to weigh in, good or bad. Thank you to any who contribute for your time replying! Happy to take more pictures if needed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS peaked/crusher cap. Authentic?   Waffen SS peaked/crusher cap. Authentic?  

Waffen SS peaked/crusher cap. Authentic?   Waffen SS peaked/crusher cap. Authentic?  

Waffen SS peaked/crusher cap. Authentic?   Waffen SS peaked/crusher cap. Authentic?  

Waffen SS peaked/crusher cap. Authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS peaked/crusher cap. Authentic?
    P
    Many

Not entirely sure why my images were rotated. Apologies if this causes any difficulties. Not sure how to fix it.

?

I is a copy - considering the sweatband a Janke copy. The velvet centerband - has it been singed? Anyway artificially aged.

Actually the velvet has just discolored more over time. I don't think it is singed. How do you identify a Janke copy? No argument, wanting to learn. As to the death head insignia? Also a copy? I have had several established dealers state with condidence that it was at the least authentic. Nobody was willing to go 9be way or the other on the cap itself. Thank you for your contribution and time replying. I appreciate it.

Cap is a poor reproduction and so is the insignia.. Sorry!

?

Every maker of reproduction caps has its own "handwriting". If you've seen enough Janke copies you'll recognize them at once. The fabrics (quality/weave/colour), the shape, the way the sweatbands are made, the lining, the logos he uses are tell tales.

The discolouration of the velvet is another issue for me - that can't be natural.

I bet the steel spring still is in the cap (Feldmützen alter Art didn't have them, as they were supposed to be pliable).

Have a look here:

Janke black SS cap a la Mode "Holters"
    here (post # 2):
    Repro Hat Makers
    and here:
    Waffen-SS Officers Crusher Cap
    Waffen-SS Panzer Officers Crusher Cap

Thank you for your thoughtful reply and reference material. I appreciate it. I can discern that you have put your eyes/hands on enough caps that you can identify things quickly and accurately. Absolutely a very cool knowledge/expertise to possess. Your passion is evident. I appreciate it. Call it case closed I'd say. Do tyou know, do the Janke reproctions have any value anywhere?

The discoloration seems to come off with some cold water on a cotton swab. I'm not certain but it seems like it might ve makeup or something. I think this tag may have been attached to the sweat band at some point. I have no doubt that you all are correct as everyone seems to gave concensus. Just thought I'd post. Perhaps helpful to others with similar representations? Thanks again all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS peaked/crusher cap. Authentic?  

As stated, it is a reproduction put out by Michael Janke--he has been making these for almost 50 years now.
    We have an entire thread on them here:

Janke Headgear
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Well, the value would be what Waffen-SS Officers Crusher Cap wants for this kind of cap, perhaps a little less with the artificial ageing done (or perhaps more if there are people out there who like that).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast