Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS visor cap

Article about: Hello mates, I don't see anything wrong with this visor cap, but it's always a pleasure to know your opinions.

Default Waffen SS visor cap

Hello mates, I don't see anything wrong with this visor cap, but it's always a pleasure to know your opinions.

Waffen SS visor capWaffen SS visor capWaffen SS visor capWaffen SS visor capWaffen SS visor capWaffen SS visor capWaffen SS visor capWaffen SS visor cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS visor cap
    P
    Many

My friend says this is a very small size, aprox 55 size or less. The skull seems to be a m1/24 but no chance to check the backside...There is no maker stamp, but maybe you can recognize it. I've visited the awesome thread about questionable Waffen SS visor hats, and I'm not really sure right now, I saw a very close example as this one I'm sharing, but the material inside is not as this one showed here, this one has it on blue colour...not seen another with the same colour.

I know you're tired about answering questions to tell rhe authenticity to collectors like me, but to identify the replicas it's absolutely necessary to touch the originals, and I've seen only a few ones. Many of you have more experience about, and with a simple look to a picture you can identify the originals.
    I'm from Spain, I do collect spanish militaria but sometimes I've the chance to get german items, and when they're like this one I feel so grateful with your help. This particular one is from a friend who doesn't know english and has no idea about the originality of many of its items, and with your help I can say him if he did well or not on buying them He bought them many years ago.
    I can't share many knowledge about german or other foreign militaria apart from a few items from the spanish Blue Division items I have got directly from the veterans and familiars. But if you ever need help with spanish militaria items I'll help you with all your doubts, I have nice friends who knows a lot about it and also I do, so I want to pay to you the help you've given to me along this years with my littlw knowledge on spanish items. I think many of you have some spanish militaria.
    I joined as a membership in this forum, that's completely worth, awesome work. Thanks to moderators for his awesome work helping us.

hvm
    ?

I have never seen a blue interior. Not in my books and not on sale. It almost looks like denim. Is it denim? The interior is supposed to be from silk for as far as I know. And for WSS in a matching color with the visor and sweatband. Usually a pale 'gold' and brown visor.

Waffen SS visor cap Waffen SS visor cap

Waffen SS visor cap Waffen SS visor cap

Thanks for posting (and being a WRF Gold Club Member!).
    I have never seen a blue-lined Waffen SS visor either, but I learned long ago to never say never.
    I need to see a close up of the velvet, and the underside of the sweatband.
    Also, please post photos of the piping joinders, thanks--
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Here are a few more pictures

Waffen SS visor cap

Waffen SS visor cap

Waffen SS visor cap

Waffen SS visor cap

Waffen SS visor cap

Waffen SS visor cap

Thanks to you stonemint, your work is awesome

Dos
    ?

I've never had any Overhoff & Cie TK to examine and inspect in hand, But i don't think this is a real one. The casting flaws are a dead give away.. I can't comment on the eagle.

Members like Aldo & Carlsson and a few others can give you a definitive answer!

-Dos

Getting back to the lining, are these empty holes?:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS visor cap  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

It seems worn down fabric...

Hi Dos, in this picture the prongs of the back of the skull are visible, but they're silvered, and all the m1/24 SS cap skulls I think are made of a different kind of material, so I think you're right that this skull maybe is not legit...Waffen SS visor cap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast