Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht Artillery Officers Cap

Article about: Good evening all, Would anyone please be able to help out regarding this cap I'm looking at? I just have a few concerns I'm afraid. To me it looks like a nice late(r) war cap as it has a ers

RTH
    ?

Default Wehrmacht Artillery Officers Cap

Good evening all,

Would anyone please be able to help out regarding this cap I'm looking at? I just have a few concerns I'm afraid. To me it looks like a nice late(r) war cap as it has a ersatz sweatband but it worried me a little that the outside of the cap appears to be minty fresh while the inside has seen better days. It also seems to be missing one (or two) of its chincord buttons as well as the cord itself. From the fading and the inside it looks to be an officers cap but from the absence of the cords themselves I can't really tell (reminds me - I must get an informative volume on the headgear of the TR). Would greatly appreciate any opinions on it.

Many thanks
    RTH

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Artillery Officers Cap
    P
    Many

?

It's a typical Kornacker-cap with the brittle (and in this case partly missing) Ersatz-sweatband. I think (judging from the inprint on the bill) that it was an EM/NCO cap - cords would have caused different imprints (not a straight line but a series of "pebbled" imprints) such as here:

Last edited by ErWeSa; 05-21-2022 at 02:22 PM.

RTH
    ?

Thank you very much ErWeSa. As usual not just a yes or no answer but an informative and useful lesson. It also need a repair regarding the buttons but I reallt don't know where do go for that or who to approach. Would you be able to suggest anyone or thing? Thank you.

?

Every now and then these are offered by dealers, just check them out, in the end you'll find the parts you need. Can't give you a suitable tip, sorry.

RTH
    ?

Okay, thank you.

Regards,
    RTH