Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht mountain field cap Original or fake

Article about: Hello I found such a cap on the internet Can you tell me if it's the original? it's quite cheap, so i suspect a fake, but it's always better to check I will be very grateful!

Default Wehrmacht mountain field cap Original or fake

Hello
    I found such a cap on the internet
    Can you tell me if it's the original?
    it's quite cheap, so i suspect a fake, but it's always better to check
    I will be very grateful!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht mountain field cap Original or fake
    P
    Many

?

No, a copy of some sort

?

IMHO not really a copy, I'd say a mulilated (flaps cut off) ancient MDI = Ministerium des Inneren GDR field cap.

They look like this in their original state:

http://www.militaria-arsenal.de/NVA-...uetze-m-Schirm

?

That is probably a more accurate description since I know nothing of GDR caps.

It's all fake. You go to any German militaria
    dealer site, and all you get to see is what has already been sold, and whatever left is all fake crap that nobody wants, and that's why it's still for sale. Plus the dealers are all incompetent with their replies and updating their sites. There is nothing original or authentic that is left to buy. It's discouraging. It's extremely frustrating, and you'd be better off collecting the fake stuff in hopes you get something real someday.

Quote by OliviaMc View Post
    dealer site, and all you get to see is what has already been sold, and whatever left is all fake crap that nobody wants, and that's why it's still for sale. Plus the dealers are all incompetent with their replies and updating their sites. There is nothing original or authentic that is left to buy. It's discouraging. It's extremely frustrating, and you'd be better off collecting the fake stuff in hopes you get something real someday.
    That sounds very disheartening, why do you say that?
    I only collect original, and I have many items in my collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

There is plenty of original militaria available you just have to go to reputable sites and have an idea of what you are buying. When I first stared collecting I used to think there was nothing original left but you forget that old collections never die they just get recycled to new collectors. I bought my share of junk the first few years then I found this forum that helped guide me to make better choices.

Hello,
    That is some weird statement here...
    I very rarely buy from dealers as i privilege stuff from my close circle of friends collectors, but i visit 5 or 6 dealers' sites almost everyday just to have a look on their catalog or updates just to advice friends who may look for something in particular and i must say that i haven't seen fakes or repros on these websites...they're full of good stuff and sometimes very rare stuff...
    The fact is that if one goes to any random site and buy a description only rather than an item, knowing very little about the item itself, without serious books to refer to, without knowledge and without posting the stuff they want to buy on a forum like ours, yes these people get burnt on a regular basis.
    Collecting TR/german army artefacts is not just a question of money....the most important thing is knowledge, money comes after...
    So for someone who wants to collect this kind of things and who have some money but not knowledge, a simple advice...get books and rely on other collectors on the forum.
    When you have knowledge and money, you can buy something genuine everyday from dealers' sites....just go to the right ones...
    Know the item before buying it and buy the item, not the story...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I have bought from reputable German sites no problem. The reputable ones will alway give you a 14 day, no questions asked, money back guarantee.