Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Were such SS caps ever used?

Article about: Hello there! I've been seeing a lot of pictures of Waffen SS reproduction visor caps with oak-leaf pattern marks. I was wondering if they were actually used during wartime, or if people made

Default Were such SS caps ever used?

Hello there!

I've been seeing a lot of pictures of Waffen SS reproduction visor caps with oak-leaf pattern marks. I was wondering if they were actually used during wartime, or if people made them up just to sell them!

If they were indeed used, I would think that it wasn't regulation to produce these types of caps regularly. If someone has a picture or a website showing an authentic version, I would very much appreciate you sharing that link/picture with me!

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Were such SS caps ever used?   Were such SS caps ever used?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Were such SS caps ever used?
    P
    Many

Its actually Erbsenmuster ( Dot 44 ) pattern and, no they werent issued. Looks pretty funky though, and most non collectors wouldn't be the wiser.

Some might even say " the more cammo the better"

Maybe there are some field made examples? True, it does look a bit funky though. I wonder why the German army didn't have camo visor caps, considering the visor cap was used much more in combat compared to other nations. 😂😂

Comic con fantasy headgear, Regards Paul