Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

What did I buy this time?

Article about: Again straying from my safety zone in purchasing items. Bought as part of a package I'm not even sure what it is. Opinions and answers please gentlemen. Thank you so much for your time again

Default What did I buy this time?

Again straying from my safety zone in purchasing items. Bought as part of a package I'm not even sure what it is. Opinions and answers please gentlemen. Thank you so much for your time again.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What did I buy this time?
    P
    Many

?

It happens, Hahaha.. I'm sure Stonemint or others can help.. My observation is "Post War".. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

I can say it is not what it is pretending to be with those WW1 cockades.

To me a post war visor given the plastic visor brim and sweatshield (It looks plastic from the photos).

Alkero is Albert Kempf. They are still in existence.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree with Gwar & MAP--it is a West German visor posing as Imperial.
    Plastic sweatdiamond is the easiest "tell".

Hat is probably for a civil marching band member.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

PS: One of the easiest "tells" is that any time you see "B-Patent" (Bundespatent), the hat is postwar.

During the TR, they used "Reichspatent"--however, Pekuro used "DRP" (for Deutsches Reichspatent) until the early 1950s (to further confuse things!)

MAP
    ?

Thanks Stonemint. I knew that was a "tell" by intuition but I didn't know what it was exactly....but now I do!! Thanks

To add am I'm also correct in stating that the maker logo is wrong for the period as well as the sweatband?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Stonemint. I knew that was a "tell" by intuition but I didn't know what it was exactly....but now I do!! Thanks

To add am I'm also correct in stating that the maker logo is wrong for the period as well as the sweatband?
    Yes & yes!

Good to know! Thanks guys. I was hoping for "Bavarian milk man". What a shame.

This one is a good example of why I love doing business with trusted dealers. What do I mean by that? Visors are not his strong suit either. He took my word about its authenticity and was given a generous credit. Donation to the forum made.