Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Assistance with mint Australian WW2 side cap

Article about: Gentlemen, I recently came into possession of this Australian WW2 side cap that is in very good condition. The Cap is owner marked and it has a date of 1942. The outside metal badge has the

Default Assistance with mint Australian WW2 side cap

Gentlemen, I recently came into possession of this Australian WW2 side cap that is in very good condition. The Cap is owner marked and it has a date of 1942. The outside metal badge has the rising sun with the words "Australia Commonwealth Military Forces" I believe the badge also contains the Kings crown. I would appreciate members opinion on this cap and its authenticity please. As always, many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with mint Australian WW2 side cap   Assistance with mint Australian WW2 side cap  

Assistance with mint Australian WW2 side cap   Assistance with mint Australian WW2 side cap  

Assistance with mint Australian WW2 side cap   Assistance with mint Australian WW2 side cap  

AIF
    ?

Hi mate, Everything is 100% original, nothing to worry about there. I can't help with the name though sorry, there were 17 K Howard's that served in the Australian Army during WW2 but none had T as their middle initial.

Thanks Mate, appreciate the feedback, I dont think the hat saw much action, its in fantastic condition. cheers.

AIF
    ?

Quote by Bencejones View Post
    Thanks Mate, appreciate the feedback, I dont think the hat saw much action, its in fantastic condition. cheers.
    Not a problem mate happy to help!

uncommon as I have been told that these were mostly made to be supplied to the British forces, rather than inssued to an Aussie. Totally original cap
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

unissued cap with modern placed embellishments. Part of the thousands of unissued V330s and other makers that have been leaking out of John Starrs warehouse in Sydney since the 70s. The RS is being held on with a modern paperclip and the name added. Pretty sure i have seen this exact cap on ebay some time ago and recently at auction. I currently have over 50 of these caps that are sold at disposals. Jerry, the British used ones made in Australia used the British army uniform material and not the Australian material, ill post the difference on your cap site later.

Top is a Queensland made British cap next to a Victorian made V330, the British used Australian made have different materials and stitching.

the aussie made for aussie version, no buttons or badge ever fitted to it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with mint Australian WW2 side cap   Assistance with mint Australian WW2 side cap  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks gentlemen, appreciate the feedback.

Gentlemen, given the different posts above, can I get confirmation/denial that these caps V330 were still produced in 1942 please, or should I throw it in the fake box. Thank you.
    Last edited by Bencejones; 08-27-2022 at 09:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast