Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Australian Intelligence Officer Cap

Article about: Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and thoughts on this Australian Intelligence officer cap please.. I recently acquired this cap and it came from the collection of Montague Thomas Ar

Default Australian Intelligence Officer Cap

Gentlemen, I would appreciate your review and thoughts on this Australian Intelligence officer cap please.. I recently acquired this cap and it came from the collection of Montague Thomas Archibald Wedd OAM. Apparently, the cap belonged to a Captain Faulkner, no further information was forthcoming.

The cap comes with the appropriate wearing tear and I would appreciate thought on what era it is from please. As always, many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Intelligence Officer Cap   Australian Intelligence Officer Cap  

Australian Intelligence Officer Cap   Australian Intelligence Officer Cap  

Australian Intelligence Officer Cap   Australian Intelligence Officer Cap  

1960's?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

With that crown, it comes up as a 1953 - 1960 era badge.

LX

I would agree, of course the Queens Crown on the badge indicates a post 1953 item and the style of manufacture and labelling seems to match so later changes to the Australian Army cap badges will give the other end of the timeline.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."