Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Australian Officers Service Dress cap

Article about: post 53 Aussie made and issued SD cap with AA queens crown buttons. It came with the SAS badge on it so I have left it for now but I am certain the badge is a duffer, though it does appear t

Default Australian Officers Service Dress cap

post 53 Aussie made and issued SD cap with AA queens crown buttons. It came with the SAS badge on it so I have left it for now but I am certain the badge is a duffer, though it does appear to have been on the cap for some time. Traces of another badge can be seen so it is not the first badge to have been on the cap.

The cap was very sensibly priced, local to me and I have been after one of these for some time for my collection so I am very pleased.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Officers Service Dress cap   Australian Officers Service Dress cap  

Australian Officers Service Dress cap   Australian Officers Service Dress cap  

Australian Officers Service Dress cap  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

With the badge removed, you can see that the badge has been on their long enough to have left an imprint of it.

Officially the Aussie SAS wore the staybright AA badge but some bought private purchase badges like this.

It was cheap for an Aussie SD cap, the postage for one from Aus would have cost more than the cap was.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Officers Service Dress cap   Australian Officers Service Dress cap  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Good score Jerry. Its quite possible the officer was posted into the SAS and simply swapped badges.
    Leather band seems wider than most? Or is it the camera angle?

Oz.

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Good score Jerry. Its quite possible the officer was posted into the SAS and simply swapped badges.
    Leather band seems wider than most? Or is it the camera angle?

Oz.
    It is a wider than usual band, no idea why, perhaps because it is Aussie or date related or a personal affectation.
    Regards,

Jerry