Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Australian Slouch Hat

Article about: Hello, Got this Australia slouch hat in a grouping of WWII Australian uniforms, etc... I believe this is post-WWII. The Rising Sun badge looks pre-1949 when they changed from "Australia

Default Australian Slouch Hat

Hello,

Got this Australia slouch hat in a grouping of WWII Australian uniforms, etc... I believe this is post-WWII. The Rising Sun badge looks pre-1949 when they changed from "Australian Commonwealth Military Forces" to "Australian Military Forces" but that could have been added later as a "fantasy piece" or to trick someone into being WWI or WWII. It is in very good condition, the leather sweatband is all there and the label is there also, although the date has been conveniently worn away above the broad arrow, hmmm. I believe this is an actual Australian Military slouch hat made by Akubra, but I think this may be post war. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks! Ian.

Australian Slouch Hat

Australian Slouch Hat

Australian Slouch Hat

Australian Slouch Hat

Australian Slouch Hat

Australian Slouch Hat

Australian Slouch Hat

Australian Slouch Hat

Australian Slouch Hat

Australian Slouch Hat

Australian Slouch Hat

Australian Slouch Hat

Another uniform in the same lot this came in has "AWM" inscribed into it (I will post that later). I'm thinking Australian War Memorial. I don't know if this came from the same place but I figured I would mention it.

1970/80's pimped tp look wartime
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

My answer also. What other Aust stuff?

To Jerry B- that is what I figured.

To reneblacky- WWII Officer's SD tunic with the pants and tie from the 2/3rd Machine gun battalion, WWII enlisted 5th battalion tunic and pants, and then last but not least, a utility jacket and pants, they are canvas type material, I am not sure about the utility uniform as in what country it is from because it has German writing in it, but I think it's Australian?? I will post all those things soon. Ian

Do you guys think the rising sun badge is original. Just feeling it I think it is, but just wondering what you guys think. Ian

Here is the link to the Australian Officer's SD Uniform I just put up- WWII Australian SD Uniform.

If it doesn't work, maybe you can copy and paste it?Ian

?

The slouch hat is pretty much new-old-stock (as well as being circa 1980's). Soldiers took pride in the way they 'bashed' (shaped) the crown of their hat, often massaging the felt with hot water to get the correct shape. This one has not seen that.

AIF
    ?

The badge is original.