Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

B-1 Flying Cap, Summer USAAF

Article about: As requested by AZPhil, here is the first of my B-1 caps, one of the rarer items of USAAF flying gear. It is essentially a lightweight cotton version of the well known B-2 Shearling cap, wit

Good reminder on the overlocker sewing machines. Yes, as Rene/ Bob pointed out they were adopted technology in the USA pre WW2, but it seems not adopted in Germany at this time. This is an important point as overlocked edges on German helmet covers and uniforms are going to be post war.

?

Overlocking machines actually date back to about 1881 (!), but were extremely pricey things and not in common use early on.

?

Thats nice !

?

BAM!!!!
    IT'S MINE!!!
    It should be here by December 6th.
    The seller is stellar and worked with me on this and I am just so appreciative of his thoughtfulness about this items connection to my uncle service. I did send him this pic. Which let him know what my reason was for wanting to add this to my collection.

Thank you again Bob for your guidance and assistance with this.
    It is Greatly Appreciated

I'll get some more pic's(Me wearing it) posted when it shows up!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Waiting on that pic Phil

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Waiting on that pic Phil
    Will do Rene',
    With this coming, now I look at my uncle and I'm thinking the maywest and a A-2(Yeah you mentioned that) would make this complete to duplicate that pic of him.Well from the waist up. I can find the maywest easy, But that A2 is going to be a big buck item and might take some time. But I kind of need to focus on Phil C, The guy to the left of my Uncle. He's the guy who gave me that pic and all the info about those times. He's and easy one Coveralls and a B-2 cap.
    Since I got the B-1 of course I need a B-2 now!!!LOL!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

The seller just sent me this message to give me a little info on where this B-1 is coming from. I wish I had the Vet's name of who this belong to , But that info is now lost in time!

"Just for the backstory - this cap is part of the collection of a WWII Vet (E.D. Emerson) who passed away about twenty years ago.

He was part of the 593rd JASCO and was part of the Normandy campaign, but I don't know much more from about his WWII service. The 593rd JASCO d-day patch is one of the most sought after of all military patches.

He stayed in the Service until the mid- seventies.

He collected alot of funky military items, I'm happy this one is going somewhere it is really appreciated."

Wow I looked up the 593rd JASCO very active unit and I found a patch for that unit on ebay and its going for a little over $800 bucks. Glad that's not the direction my interest were heading.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Smile B1 Be Mine

Got it today!! It fit's!!!
    Will have to get some Headset and throat mic pic , On a Mannequin head for the next one's

Here you go Rene'
    I took a selfie just for you !!!

Thanks again Bob for all of you help with this!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Got it today!! It fit's!!!
    Will have to get some Headset and throat mic pic , On a Mannequin head for the next one's

Here you go Rene'
    I took a selfie just for you !!!

Thanks again Bob for all of you help with this!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Ahh crap I had to turn away!!!

Ha Cheers Phil Mate Really glad you got one!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4