Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian made airman's cap

Article about: This fs cap is obviously Canadian made, it is a different colour and made from softer material than my RAF versions. It came with an RAF badge in blackened brass which is similar but not ide

Default Canadian made airman's cap

This fs cap is obviously Canadian made, it is a different colour and made from softer material than my RAF versions. It came with an RAF badge in blackened brass which is similar but not identical to the other RAF badges I have: there is no texturing inside the lettering on the badge on the Canadian cap. Is it possible that this a cap that belonged to a Canadian serving in Britain and he would have worn an RAF badge? I thought that commonwealth airmen wore their own uniforms whilst serving in Britain.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian made airman's cap   Canadian made airman's cap  

Default Re: Canadian made airman's cap

It may simply have been Canadian production diverted to the RAF if they needed more caps.

My Great Uncle Sid served in the RAF, but while training in Canada, he got issued with RCAF cap and Battledress blouse and trousers. So there is certainly some crossover between what was worn and by whom.

Cheers, Ade.