Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help identifying Kepi

Article about: I rcently picked up, this Suspected French Kepi. I would like some help identifying this Hat, real, repro, unknown, military, American Civil War? and if it can be determined what era, time p

?

Default Help identifying Kepi

I rcently picked up, this Suspected French Kepi. I would like some help identifying this Hat, real, repro, unknown, military, American Civil War? and if it can be determined what era, time period and approximate age. As I am unfamiliar with Kepi’s, to me it appears that there are definitely some red flags. It definitely looks like at least the hat band “Hilborn- Hamburger Inc would be modern.
    Any help information would be greatly appreciated.

Help identifying KepiHelp identifying KepiHelp identifying KepiHelp identifying KepiHelp identifying KepiHelp identifying KepiHelp identifying KepiHelp identifying KepiHelp identifying KepiHelp identifying Kepi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help identifying Kepi   Help identifying Kepi  

You're probably right about it being American, possible militia or band uniform piece?

Hilborn Hamburger, Inc. Passaic, N.J, USA, started in 1926. So the strap at least, could not be older than that.
    Interesting fact, In 2007 they had to pay about 250 000 dollars to the US govt. for faulty items provided to the military. I do not believe they are still in business.