Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Knox crusher cap

Article about: My new know crusher cap I'm guessing manufacturered 1943 or 1944. Named to a vet out of Missouri. Let me know what you think as this is out of my normal collecting. Also if you know how to f

?

Default Knox crusher cap

My new know crusher cap I'm guessing manufacturered 1943 or 1944. Named to a vet out of Missouri. Let me know what you think as this is out of my normal collecting. Also if you know how to find info on the vet please let me know.

Thanks Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Knox crusher cap   Knox crusher cap  

Knox crusher cap   Knox crusher cap  

Being an officer ( O- ) you should be able to search his Army Service number online
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Do you have a link of where I can search the number?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tim

Quote by Tim030 View Post
    Do you have a link of where I can search the number?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tim
    Here is one you can search.... NARA - AAD - List of Series - Wars/ International Relations: World War II
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Searching the person is easier when you have ASN - Army service number. There are sources online allowing to identify more details relating to the enlisted man. They aren't complete, due to the fire in 1973, but with some luck you may find something. Unfortunately it's different situation in case of the officer's service number (and that is in this case). You can hardly find online databases with info concerning the officer's numbers. Sometimes, one can find something looking into the printed army or navy officer's registers (e.g. from 1942 or 1944) but they refer to regular, contracted officers, not reserve or wartime commissioned ones.
    It's difficult to decode the name of the original owner - but if you are patient and have plenty of time, try searching machine at ancestry web, putting "sounds likely" names with combination of some attributes - e.g. military service years circa 1943 +/- 2 years.

Anyway beautiful crusher! Outstanding look of the USAAF airman.

?

Thanks for your advice. I will certainly do my best to find some info about the owner.

Tim