Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Korean War era British Beret

Article about: This beret was found in a shop in South Korea. I'm guessing it was worn during the Korean War. It's a standard black woollen beret by Compton, Webb & Son Ltd, made in 1953. Sadly, the ba

Default Korean War era British Beret

This beret was found in a shop in South Korea. I'm guessing it was worn during the Korean War. It's a standard black woollen beret by Compton, Webb & Son Ltd, made in 1953. Sadly, the badge was lost and someone decided to put "ARP" on it? (No idea why? Fancy dress purposes?)

I'd like to purchase a replacement badge to make it historically accurate. What unit/regiment badge would it be?

Korean War era British Beret

?

I'm not certain if infantry regiments wore a black or dark blue beret at that time, but armoured units wore black, so you could use the 8th Hussars, 5th Royal Inniskilling Dragoon Guards, or Royal Tank Regt., all of whom served in the war.

BobS

If it is black, then as bob said, otherwise if blue search who was there. Odd about the ARP on it
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

If the beret is dark blue, the Royal Fusiliers would be a good choice, IMHO.
    Michael Caine served with them in Korea.

BobS

Thank you! In fact, upon re-examination, it is a dark blue beret! I remembered that I had a Tank corps beret somewhere and dug it out.
    I put them side to side and it is indeed dark blue.