Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Article about: Hi, This thread is in conjuction and in support of the excellent thread covering Service Dress caps started by Nigel. Please feel free to view, show and chat about British Army Officer's Dre

?

Default ww1 Major General McCracken hat , box and cover

Hi here is my 1918 dated and named cap to Maj - Gen McCracken. The cap came with his hat tin, dust cover and a photo of the man himself which I would say is the exact cap he is wearing - you opinions would be great. Its made by Hawkes & co and they seem to be a very good hat maker because the cap reeks of quality. A nice lot and any information on the General himself specially during ww1 would be welcomed or if any more of his items pop up I would love to know. Enjoy the photos.

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!
    Last edited by Mgn040; 12-16-2016 at 04:47 PM.

?

Default My ww2 Staff officers visor cap

Morning, here is my 2nd and sadly my last British Army visor cap. Its a ww2 period staff officers cap with brass GVIR side buttons. The makers are 'Herbert Johnson' and the sports a nice bullion badge to the front. The peak of the cap has sadly split in the middle but still a nice looking cap. Hope you enjoy. Mgn040
    Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Hi Mike, Two very nice caps and I would agree with you that the cap in the photograph in wear is indeed the cap which you are displaying. I was not aware of either of these posts, so apologies for only just "stumbling" on to them this morning. I think that the General Officer's cap badge is one of the best that I have ever encountered. The bullion visor embellishment is also of the highest quality. I think that you should sell it!! Preferably to me!

Thank you for your input and congratulations on a couple of fine examples.

Best wishes Michael R

Hi Again Mike, I have just noticed what appears to be the black upper welt piping to the scarlet cap band. According to all the Dress regulations that I have read, all cap band piping should match the bad colour, in this case scarlet? If it is black or another colour, I wonder what it represents?? I am aware of black piping to the kahki cap bands of officers cap to the Scots Greys and wonder if he is ex that regiment with a dispensation?? Hopefully one of our more knowledgeable friends will interject with the answer???

Cheers again Michael

?

Hi Michael,

Yeah it's one of my top caps I have, just need a nice no.1 generals cap to go with it Didn't even realise about the black band so hopefully someone will know a little something about him. Thanks mgn040

Have you tryed Googling him yet Mike? If not, do so, he had quite an interesting career!!
    Cheers Michael

?

Hi Michael, no not yet. Will have a good look tomorrow. Thanks mgn

?

I came across an identical cap to this dress cap this morning and the seller reckons its from the British Consul.
    https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...7-a70c011f4c6c

Any thoughts on this?

Quote by Ocad View Post
    Attachment 1023709

Perhaps I showed this before so If so I apologise. Well not Army it is related in a way as it is a from a senior warden of the Royal Household. The construction and style match those of military caps yet the Top material is slightly lighter. I have as yet been unable to find out more on its rank but nevertheless it is an unusual cap and displays well.

?

Default Major General Cooke - Collie Dress visor cap

Morning all, Here's a new addition to my British Military cap collection. Its named to a Maj-Gen W.J.Cooke-Collis. Its made by HAWKES & CO ltd and has the correct side buttons. The gilding has dulled over time however still looks great in my opinion. Hope you enjoy the pictures

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Quote by Ocad View Post
    I came across an identical cap to this dress cap this morning and the seller reckons its from the British Consul.
    https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...7-a70c011f4c6c

Any thoughts on this?
    I think i have just bought this. Not from the auction house though.
    I dont think it is anything to do with the british Consul, I also think it is Royal Household.

Lets see your British Army Dress/forage Caps and chat!!!

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast