Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Officer's Service Dress Cap Dorset Yeomanry

Article about: This is an older cap, likely rebadged, including with the regiment's unique ram's head side buttons. The current Dorset Yeomanry, established in 1997, does not share the lineage or battle ho

?

Default Officer's Service Dress Cap Dorset Yeomanry

This is an older cap, likely rebadged, including with the regiment's unique ram's head side buttons.
    The current Dorset Yeomanry, established in 1997, does not share the lineage or battle honours of the "old" Dorset Yeomanry, but was raided to serve as an armoured replacement regiment for the RAC.
    It has since been reduced to a single squadron, A Squadron of The Royal Wessex Yeomanry.
    I believe all ranks wear the same cap badge.

BobSOfficer's Service Dress Cap Dorset YeomanryOfficer's Service Dress Cap Dorset YeomanryOfficer's Service Dress Cap Dorset YeomanryOfficer's Service Dress Cap Dorset Yeomanry

Interesting, 1950's herbert johnson?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hard to say; even under bright light, I cannot tell. Inside is carmelized, like so many older caps.

?

Beautiful cap. Certainly has the Herbert Johnson peak, airvents and lining characteristics. Unusual to have piping if it is a HJ but that is not judge of maker. I will try and enhance the photo in a
    short while to see if I can their mark.

?

I have managed to enhance the lining slightly and can make out the shield and deer outlines of Herbert Johnson. It could be clearer though.

By the way, I read somewhere that after a Monarch passes away the company can use their Royal Warrant for fives years. With Herbert Johnson, some 1952 liners state “By Appointment to the late King George VI” and then other 1950s caps state Queen Elizabeth II. If what I read is correct, then from 53 - 57 would be for “late” and 57 onwards QEII. Unless the new warrant was active directly in 1953/54. Any thoughts on this?

Stay healthy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Officer's Service Dress Cap Dorset Yeomanry