Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Questionable Cameronian (Scottish Rifles) Glengarry

Article about: Forum Experts, I have been looking for a Cameronians glengarry for quite some time and finally thought I found one. From the pictures and description, it seemed to be legitimate. However, wh

?

Default Questionable Cameronian (Scottish Rifles) Glengarry

Forum Experts,

I have been looking for a Cameronians glengarry for quite some time and finally thought I found one. From the pictures and description, it seemed to be legitimate. However, when I received it, the rosette is held on by the badge (which may not be an issue) and the tails feel like a rough cotton.

I would appreciate any thoughts on whether the Glengarry is authentic to the unit, or if someone added the rosette and badge to a civilian glengarry. There are no markings other than the size (61). I worry I let my desire to acquire this glengarry cloud my judgement.

I apologize for the pictures. I did not take the time to set up my light box.

Regards,

Reid

Questionable Cameronian (Scottish Rifles) Glengarry

Given that the Cameronian regt disbanded in 1968, I would have thought that a cap size marked in metric would indicate a much later cap? Even in the early 1970's, the last beret issued to me - about 1973 - was marked with the imperial size of inches.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Given that the Cameronian regt disbanded in 1968, I would have thought that a cap size marked in metric would indicate a much later cap? Even in the early 1970's, the last beret issued to me - about 1973 - was marked with the imperial size of inches.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Thank you, Steve. Even after years of collecting, I can still get burned once-in-awhile. It stings a bit, but reminds me to do my research and use reputable dealers. I will mark this dealer down as not being one of them. My hunt for a Cameronians glengarry and TOS continues.

Regards,

Reid
    Last edited by Reid10; 07-29-2021 at 01:16 AM.

It happens to us all!

Cheers,
    Steve