Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Pilots service dress cap

Article about: Hi folks; I have acquired this cap from a WWII Army nurses estate and I intend to sell it. I would like to know what is a fair price to ask for it? The bill has some damage along the brim an

?

Default RAF Pilots service dress cap

Hi folks;
    I have acquired this cap from a WWII Army nurses estate and I intend to sell it. I would like to know what is a fair price to ask for it? The bill has some damage along the brim and the sweat band is loose about half way around the circumferance of the cap, it is also broken but not seperated on the right side of the sweat band.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    SteveR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Pilots service dress cap   RAF Pilots service dress cap  

RAF Pilots service dress cap   RAF Pilots service dress cap  

RAF Pilots service dress cap  

Default re: RAF Pilots service dress cap

Hi Steve, over here in the UK an RAF Officers service dress cap would be priced around £65 upwards. But the damage will hurt the value as you know.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: RAF Pilots service dress cap

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, over here in the UK an RAF Officers service dress cap would be priced around £65 upwards. But the damage will hurt the value as you know.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade.
    I would really like to know the story behind it. The nurse brought it home to Oklahoma and kept it till her death. It will never be known now.
    SteveR

?

Default Re: RAF Pilots service dress cap

Lovely looking cap, Do you really want to sell it? I'd happily give it a loving home. Shame about the story, it always nice to feel that the cap was someones and not just a piece of kit.

I am new to the group btw, the a big hello to everyone and I look forward to reading, learning and sharing!
    best regards,
    Oli