Hello folks
Picked this ensemble up recently and its a bit of this and a bit of that,I'm sure the helmet is a reproduction although clearly marked broadarrow ref no 22c/1147 the size corresponds and there is what appears to be an inspection stamp, the audio is fully working however i havent tested the microphone and the wiring is modern,the goggles are reproduction lenses have the bs 4110 stamp and the mask is either made from a bit of welding kit or is a mo0dern commercial item branded safire on the pepperpot piece at the front and fitted with two microphones one above each nostril

I have a couple of hpotheses
1 Its a reproduction by Kay canvas from SOF and has been adapted for open cockpit flying

2 Its an old reproduction By Sefton clothing co and has been used in film/tv work

The work on the helmet is quality even down to the small stitches holding the wires on the bottom edge of the helmet

There is also the name John richards inked on the inside just behind the suede sweatband

thoughts comments and opinions most welcome

RAF Type C* flying helmet puzzleRAF Type C* flying helmet puzzleRAF Type C* flying helmet puzzle