Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

RCAF Named Offier's Visor help

Article about: Hi all, I recently bought this RCAF officer's visor from a local dealer. It was quite dusty and underappreciated so I lightly cleaned it up a bit and found a service # J16536 on the band and

?

Default RCAF Named Officer's Visor help

Hi all,

I recently bought this RCAF officer's visor from a local dealer. It was quite dusty and underappreciated so I lightly cleaned it up a bit and found a service # J16536 on the band and an inkstamp with the officer's name on the inside of the band. I'm trying to research more detail on the pilot and have found 2 individuals under the name Strelchuk, Roman, a bomb aimer and Alexander Strelchuk, a flying officer/pilot. I'm almost certain this belongs to Alexander as he is from Winnipeg where the dealer is located.

I wondered if one of our resident experts might shed some light on Mr. Strelchuk and help me identify the original owner and his history with the RCAF. Thank you.

Cheers,

KDRCAF Named Offier's Visor helpRCAF Named Offier's Visor helpRCAF Named Offier's Visor helpRCAF Named Offier's Visor helpRCAF Named Offier's Visor help
    Last edited by birkie; 11-11-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Temujin
    ?

Quote by birkie View Post
    Hi all,

I recently bought this RCAF officer's visor from a local dealer. It was quite dusty and underappreciated so I lightly cleaned it up a bit and found a service # J16536 on the band and an inkstamp with the officer's name on the inside of the band. I'm trying to research more detail on the pilot and have found 2 individuals under the name Strelchuk, Roman, a bomb aimer and Alexander Strelchuk, a flying officer/pilot. I'm almost certain this belongs to Alexander as he is from Winnipeg where the dealer is located.

I wondered if one of our resident experts might shed some light on Mr. Strelchuk and help me identify the original owner and his history with the RCAF. Thank you.

Cheers,

KDRCAF Named Offier's Visor helpRCAF Named Offier's Visor helpRCAF Named Offier's Visor helpRCAF Named Offier's Visor helpRCAF Named Offier's Visor help
    Confirmation of Your man and Cap

Temujin
    ?

His photo

?

Default Strelchuk Crew

Fantastic!, wonder if he's wearing the same visor.

I just found his crew photo as well, he's second from the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images RCAF Named Offier's Visor help