Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Red Beret: Not sure if real or fake?

Article about: Need help! Not sure if real or fake. Does come from the Netherlands if that helps.

RTH
    ?

Default Red Beret: Not sure if real or fake?

Need help! Not sure if real or fake. Does come from the Netherlands if that helps.Red Beret: Not sure if real or fake?Red Beret: Not sure if real or fake?Red Beret: Not sure if real or fake?Red Beret: Not sure if real or fake?

You need to make sure that you are posting these in the correct headgear section. You have posted this non German headgear in the German section

Smitty

RTH
    ?

Apologies.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum and edited the title.

The cap badge is fake for starters, note the die flaw "blob" under the top left wing.

It would appear to be a post war beret.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It would appear to be a post war beret.Cheers, Ade.
    From what I can see in these pics it looks like the type we all bought from Victors of Aldershot (aka "a Victor beret") during the 1970s. About 99.5% of troops in the brigade wore these in preference to the issue type. It was a kind of unwritten law and anybody who didn't was considered very "uncool" so that means really that it isn't fake but is post war as Ade says with a fake WWII badge (if it has a slider rather than lugs).
    For this beret I think a Queens Crown badge would be more appropriate. Also, as for badges, during the Staybrite period private purchase white metal badges were much preferred in the Regiment.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."