Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

Article about: Hi, This is intended to be a sister thread to my thread on British Army Visor Caps. Like the Army thread, it is open to anyone who would like to comment on or show RAF uniform headdress or a

Yes Rene, You and anyone else for that matter are more than welcome to show. Show me yours and I'll show you mine.
    RAF, RAAF, RCAF!! They all have one thing in common, an R an A and a F!!
    Cheers Michael

Hi All, I am going to try Rene's format of one cap per post to see if it makes any difference, your opinions please?

AO 427 Air Officer's Number 1 and 1a Dress cap dating from the period WWII to 1952 inclusive. It is not possible for me to give a precise date for this cap as it is a private purchase item both unnamed and undated. However, judging from the label, I am inclined to say late WWII?

WO 363 Early 1950's PMRAFNS Nursing Warrant Officer's Number 1 Dress visor cap.

OR 499 T72 WRAF Number 1 Dress hat badged to a member of the RAF Honington Volunteer Band. Civilian musicians, whilst allowed to wear RAF uniform, are not allowed to wear the RAF cap badge so voluntary members wear either the local band badge or the sleeve badge as a cap device.

OR 379 T63 WRAF Number 1 Dress hat. This hat was generally referred to as the "Air Hostess" hat and bears a miniature RAF anodised aluminum cap badge. The badge has no reverse fittings and is designed to be sewn directly onto the cap. There is a Ceremonial version of this cap with a gold wire embroidered badge and gold piping to the front upper edge. If anyone has one of these available for either sale or exchange, please contact me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets   Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets  

South African Air force, one you don't see every day! I believe SA is the only country to produce a khaki version,
    Sorry Michael if this one doesn't fit the bill but it does have the King's crown
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-28-2018 at 05:57 AM. Reason: added text

RAAF officer's no insignia not marked (not a common cap)
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-28-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Other ranks 43 Queensland mfg
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-28-2018 at 06:24 AM.

RAAF beret 44 & 43
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-28-2018 at 06:03 AM.

RAAF helmet not sure what ER means, emergency response?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-28-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Last edited by reneblacky; 09-28-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Colour comparison RAF vs RAAF
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-28-2018 at 06:05 AM.

?

Interesting thread and if you fellows don't mind I have an interesting named RCAF Officer's side cap made by Muir Cap and Regalia Ltd in Toronto. The interesting feature with this cap is how the Officer used an OA cap badge on a darker blue backing. Royal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and HelmetsRoyal Air Force Uniform Caps, Hats and Helmets

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast