Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Marines training beret

Article about: Hi Guys, I am looking for opinions on this beret. There are some things I like about it. Such as the stitching of the red tombstone and also the kangol wear marking. But also things I don't.

Default Royal Marines training beret

Hi Guys,

I am looking for opinions on this beret. There are some things I like about it. Such as the stitching of the red tombstone and also the kangol wear marking. But also things I don't. Such as not having a WD (z) stamp and no leather patch behind the rivets. Please tell me what you make of it.

Thanks!

Royal Marines training beretRoyal Marines training beretRoyal Marines training beretRoyal Marines training beretRoyal Marines training beretRoyal Marines training beret

?

Can you tell that type of thread the draw string is made of?

Oz.

It is a kangol and appears to be correct in all I can see for wartime late war admiralty examples. Is there any sign of the leather cover for the gommets? The rugby ball shape is correct as is the loose thread on the half moon badge stiffener.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Can you tell that type of thread the draw string is made of?

Oz.
    I am not sure but of I would have to say.. I would go for nylon.. feels like a shoelace more or less.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    It is a kangol and appears to be correct in all I can see for wartime late war admiralty examples. Is there any sign of the leather cover for the gommets? The rugby ball shape is correct as is the loose thread on the half moon badge stiffener.
    I cannot find any sign of a leather patch or stitching. As I see it.. it was never there. cheers