Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Which Swedish regiment

Article about: Can anyone say which Swedish regiment this beret comes from?

Syd
    ?

Question Which Swedish regiment

Can anyone say which Swedish regiment this beret comes from?

Which Swedish regiment

I'm not well up on Swedish gear but an educated guess would be an armoured regiment based on the symbology and the colour of the beret.

I expect a Swedish member will know instantly and will be along shortly!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It could come from a number of different swedish armoured regements, for example "Skaraborgs regemente" (P4) in Skövde or "Södra Skånska regementet" (P7) in Revinge.

Syd
    ?

Thank you SweCollector.
    I did a search on the two you mentioned, and found their Facebook page. Seems from the photos posted, that they both use the same beret emblem. Just like the Bundeswehr does.

Also thanks to you Watchdog, as you also were correct.

Cheers

Quote by SweCollector View Post
    It could come from a number of different swedish armoured regements, for example "Skaraborgs regemente" (P4) in Skövde or "Södra Skånska regementet" (P7) in Revinge.
    That is interesting. You see that a basic idea of military symbology seems quite useful!

Am I correct in assuming that this is a generic badge worn by all or some armoured regiments? Perhaps only in the beret rather than more formal headress?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."