Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown Visor Cap

Article about: I recently picked up this visor cap from a lady I go to church with for free. She told me that it was World War I but I have no idea. This isn't my area of expertise. I originally posted thi

Default Unknown Visor Cap

I recently picked up this visor cap from a lady I go to church with for free. She told me that it was World War I but I have no idea. This isn't my area of expertise. I originally posted this cap on the WW1 forum but I didn't get very great feedback. So whatever you guys tell me about it is awesome and I appreciate it. It's in very good shape too.

Thanks,

Calloway

Unknown Visor CapUnknown Visor CapUnknown Visor Cap

MAP
    ?

Not a WW1 style that I'm familiar with. Maybe inter-war period but I would put it much closer to WW2 or WW2 era

Have you googled "Imperial Cap Works"? Looks like they started in 1916. And I've seen photos of others with the same interior logo described as WW2.

All guesses on my part of course.

Edit: Just found this quote "Maurice Epstein started Imperial, originally called Mid-West Cap Works, in 1916 in Denver, selling wool dress caps and later moving into uniform caps and then military caps during World War II."

Right from their own website

Imperial Headwear's more than 100 year history
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)