Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Wolseley sun helmet WW2

Article about: it has been a long time since I picked up a pith, but I swapped some items for this one today at a fair local to me. Very good condition with a WD arrow and date letter P for 1941 with the f

Default Wolseley sun helmet WW2

it has been a long time since I picked up a pith, but I swapped some items for this one today at a fair local to me.

Very good condition with a WD arrow and date letter P for 1941 with the foil lined dome. It appears to have been an OR's pith which has been upgraded to Officers version with the rim trim changed from cloth to leather. You can see the old stitching holes from the old trim and of course Officers would be private purchase and should not have WD issue stamps on them.

It also has his names/initials on the chinstrap. It is nice to see it still has the chinstrap as they are often missing. It also appears to have 101 in white paint on the rear brim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wolseley sun helmet WW2   Wolseley sun helmet WW2  

Wolseley sun helmet WW2   Wolseley sun helmet WW2  

Wolseley sun helmet WW2   Wolseley sun helmet WW2  

Wolseley sun helmet WW2  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MAP
    ?

Very nice, like the fact that it might have been upgraded to officers from OR.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I like it Jerry,wish we had fairs around these parts to do deals like this,good exchange and well done Bud...........

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I like it Jerry,wish we had fairs around these parts to do deals like this,good exchange and well done Bud...........
    It was not too bad, I sold a fair bit, did a trade and bought a ref book I did not have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wolseley sun helmet WW2   Wolseley sun helmet WW2  

Wolseley sun helmet WW2  
    Regards,

Jerry

MAP
    ?

I go to three of these smaller shows by me. Overall...lots of fun. Unfortunately however I find that the majority of stuff is fake and most of the sellers have no clue. Of all the tables I only trusted 3....which is now down to 2...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice Jerry it looks great and thanks for showing it

Matt
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 04-20-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Quote by MAP View Post
    I go to three of these smaller shows by me. Overall...lots of fun. Unfortunately however I find that the majority of stuff is fake and most of the sellers have no clue. Of all the tables I only trusted 3....which is now down to 2...
    Indeed Michael. I did not look at the German items, but did notice an iffy helmet near me on another table, one seller with an iffy British badge, another selling post war British para lid as wartime etc.......

As always, know what your buying especially at a small fair like this as there will be no or very little chance for a return.

I was there as a seller and sold some items to the local private museum to set up a Home Guard Mannequin they want to add to their display. I also sold a lot of British badges including two to some little girls -at a loss- who were there with their mother, but they were interested and I am certain their dad is currently serving with the armed forces.
    Regards,

Jerry