Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 AAC Bancroft 'Flighter' crusher cap

Article about: Just picked this one up, and am quite happy to add it to my small WW2 AAF collection.... Some photos for show and tell, cheers, Bob

Default WW2 AAC Bancroft 'Flighter' crusher cap

Just picked this one up, and am quite happy to add it to my small WW2 AAF collection....

Some photos for show and tell,

cheers,

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 AAC Bancroft 'Flighter' crusher cap   WW2 AAC Bancroft 'Flighter' crusher cap  

WW2 AAC Bancroft 'Flighter' crusher cap   WW2 AAC Bancroft 'Flighter' crusher cap  

WW2 AAC Bancroft 'Flighter' crusher cap   WW2 AAC Bancroft 'Flighter' crusher cap  

?

Another Beautiful Crusher!! And named to boot. I see some research in your future!!!!!
    Congrat's

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I found a Malcolm R Hunter who is listed in a USAAF accident report 1945 and a Miles R Hunter in a USAAF accident report 1943.
    Can not completely make out the service number on the visor. That might help!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

That is a nice one buddy.
    The straight wing eagle was a favorite amongst pilots.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I found a Malcolm R Hunter who is listed in a USAAF accident report 1945 and a Miles R Hunter in a USAAF accident report 1943.
    Can not completely make out the service number on the visor. That might help!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks heaps for that Phil, I think his serial number reads: 08080666.

Cheers

Bob

Re the serial number, I think the first portion of it is actually an ' O ' for Officer, then the serial number of 8080666.
    (the 2nd number is fairly faint, but it does look like a zero between the two ' 8's ' if that makes sense ??

I took a couple of photos of the cap and my 8th AAF captain's tunic together, they marry up quite well....

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 AAC Bancroft 'Flighter' crusher cap   WW2 AAC Bancroft 'Flighter' crusher cap  

Very nice cap Bob - and it really does look
    great with the tunic.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Re the serial number, I think the first portion of it is actually an ' O ' for Officer, then the serial number of 8080666.
    (the 2nd number is fairly faint, but it does look like a zero between the two ' 8's ' if that makes sense ??

I took a couple of photos of the cap and my 8th AAF captain's tunic together, they marry up quite well....

Bob
    You are totally correct Bob. The first in the service number is the letter "O" for Officer. Still searching for a match and to whom he served with.

BUT That Crusher with the 8th AF captains uniform is a match made in heaven. It just brings joy to my heart and a smile to my face. What can I say, I'm a major 8th AF fan!!!!
    GREAT COMBO
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Yep superb Bob

Fantastic cap Bob, and a great match up with that lovely tunic. I am still considering getting a tunic to go along with my crusher and headset. Leon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast