Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ww2 beret help on this please

Article about: ok ww2 tank beret dated 1944 but there is a Z for 45 but dated 1944

Default ww2 beret help on this please

ok ww2 tank beret dated 1944 but there is a Z for 45 but dated 1944 ww2 beret  help on this  pleaseww2 beret  help on this  pleaseww2 beret  help on this  pleaseww2 beret  help on this  please
    Last edited by firefox; 10-04-2023 at 04:40 PM.

1944 date of manufacture, Z for date of acceptance
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

See photos as it came with this lot ???

I only just noticed as I was focussed on the stampings, the badge on it is the 17th/21st Lancers arm badge, not a beret badge at all.

Which seems to corroborate with much of the other items you showed, 17/21 titles, another arm badge (known as a CHAD, the badge for the cap/beret is known as the MOTTO).

I see also the blazer badge for the lancers and a beret badge for the RAC which is probably the correct badge for the beret, though I don't know if the lancers wore the black beret and RAC badge.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 10-05-2023 at 10:43 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

have posted a photo of him unsure if the beret as the same badge on ??

with a beret and the badge,,,,,,, that is on the beret ,it is the same badge ww2 beret  help on this  pleaseww2 beret  help on this  please
    Last edited by firefox; 10-05-2023 at 02:58 PM.

a bit fuzzy but the badge looks more like the skull & crossbones of the motto than the armoured fist of the RAC
    Regards,

Jerry

have posted new photos to show that they did have the badge on the beret , thank you the chap that i have the medals to is the two single photos thanks andyww2 beret  help on this  please

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    a bit fuzzy but the badge looks more like the skull & crossbones of the motto than the armoured fist of the RAC
    I would say that the badge on the berets in the photos is definitely the 17/21L and not the RAC Mailed Fist. Also I agree with Jerry that the badge at the top of the thread is a "Chad" not a beret badge but that the badges seen in wear are proper cap badges.

I do think it very likely that the "Chad" in the beret is due to the vet wearing it for Remembrance Day etc and not being too fussy that it was an arm badge rather than a cap badge.

when all is said and done who would tell him he was wrong except a fellow old comrade?

It's a nice group and I can't see that it would hurt to add a nice example of the correct badge. After all, the markings in the beret tend to suggest he didn't wear it in the field which is probably how it ended up with the "Chad" in it.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

thanks guys for the info and help on this , can some one post the badge that i need for the cap just unsure witch one i need thanks andyww2 beret  help on this  pleaseww2 beret  help on this  pleaseww2 beret  help on this  pleaseww2 beret  help on this  please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast