Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI overseas Cap? Foreign Made?

Article about: Hello all, This overseas cap came in a lot of 20+ caps I got from a dealer. It appears to me that this cap may be WWI as the construction is different from all my other WWII period caps. The

Default WWI overseas Cap? Foreign Made?

Hello all,

This overseas cap came in a lot of 20+ caps I got from a dealer. It appears to me that this cap may be WWI as the construction is different from all my other WWII period caps. The makers mark on the inside also throws me off. I was wondering whether or not this could be a foreign made example of a WWI cap or something of the sorts. Any information is appreciated.

Cheers,
    Warbuff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI overseas Cap? Foreign Made?   WWI overseas Cap? Foreign Made?  

WWI overseas Cap? Foreign Made?   WWI overseas Cap? Foreign Made?  

Not WW1. The cut and wool are not correct for that.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The badge is WWII 6th Armored Cavalry U.S

If it may serve for comparison, here are a couple of examples US Army overseas cap WW1 period.

Regards
    Roberto

US made example
    WWI overseas Cap? Foreign Made?WWI overseas Cap? Foreign Made?WWI overseas Cap? Foreign Made?

British made example
    WWI overseas Cap? Foreign Made?WWI overseas Cap? Foreign Made?WWI overseas Cap? Foreign Made?

Thanks for the comments. Is there a possibility that this is a foreign made cap?

?

I would say it is likely the cap is foreign made, what is the mark on the DUI. This unit was active in germany for occupation duty following the war.