Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allgemeine ss nco cap

Article about: Hi All.. I’m after a bit of expert advice on this Cap... it’ currently for sale with a well known dealer in the U.K. .... Very Expensive, but this Dealer is known to be rather extravagan

guys lets all get back to hating the fake cap, not each other. Valid points both side.
    Lets not waste a thread, d'alquen is and has been for something a apostle on the real side of ss regalia and should be given respect.
    Stevade im sure you wish to know why the itemed is deemed a fake and yes more searching and reading will present you with the answer.

Let us all return to the fun of collecting for a minute.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine ss nco cap
    P
    Many

Thanks for the reply .... I’m not disputing anybody’s knowledge at all, if I had the option for a Personel Message then ... Yes I would agree that is a good option.
    As I do not have experience of these caps and I saw this one for sale I thought the best place to get the best knowledge quickly would be the Forum..... Hence my Blog.
    I collect Edged Weapons for the last 35 years and I think I’ve read every book available to gain what I would class as enough knowledge to make a purchase comfortably, and yes I’ve made mistakes with purchases as I expect most of us collectors have .... some don’t like to admit to it though.
    I read an article in the Authentication Forum regarding a Purchase of SS Generals Cap.
    This poor chap must have spent a fortune on this Cap only to be told it’s a Fake!
    He read books, carried out research, felt confident, made the commitment, and bought a dud.
    The advice given there was very constructive and informative from Stonemint and Ullergaard.
    Another piece of advice was to display the Cap on the Forum before making that sort of purchase, which is what I recall I was doing. If the Cap I was looking at was a good one, by the time I’d found a reliable source of information ie: Book, References and had read them enough to gain confidence to go out and make my purchase then I’m sure the Cap would of long gone.
    Lessons learnt..... Don’t get involved with Caps.

?

I am also scared to purchase most forms of cloth stuff Stevade. This SS stuff is just a stressfull minefield. Happy that this forum houses some SS cloth insignia and metal badge enthousiasts and experts.

?

Hi,
    You know what: getting old, I sold all my good caps at reasonable prices and bought fakes .. for the price of fakes, of course.
    So, I saved some money and I'm no more disappointed .

Allgemeine ss nco cap

Allgemeine ss nco cap

Allgemeine ss nco cap

Spot on thanks Vocht
    And I think you’ve got the best idea Narcis, at least you know it’s a Fake.

I was on vacation last week, and missed this thread when it was started.
    First, I agree, the hat is fake.

Second, d'alquen has been one of the greatest (if not the greatest) contributors of knowledge on SS material, bar none.
    He has helped me more times than I can count over the past 15+ years, even though our collecting interests are different.
    Although he does not post a lot, the posts he does make are always informative, and I make sure to read them, even when out of my field of study.
    Unlike others (who simply lurk) he is always there to assist if he can.

I join in his concern about teaching the fakers how to correct their mistakes, as we have seen drastic improvements in fakery since the advent of these internet forums.
    (believe me, the fakers watch these forums like hawks).
    There are still some areas they have not figured out, and it is precisely due to people like d'alquen who have spent years (and money) researching and studying fake, originals, and primary/secondary sources.
    If his word is that something is bad, you can rest assured it is not an off-the-cuff comment, but the result of thousands of hours of study.
    Even the simple phrase "it is a fake" should be sufficient to dispel concerns, without an in-depth explanation.
    Let's face it, he does not have to say anything, and if that was the case, we would be the poorer for it.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Thanks again for the replies .. I do respect the knowledge of the more experienced amongst us, and have not disputed that for one minute.
    However I was looking through the previous posts on the Authentication Forum and there are quite a lot of entries by the most advanced collectors, you included Stonemint stating their reasons why they think the Hat in discussion is fake, again mentions ... I quote ‘ This is what the Fakers look for ‘
    I can clearly see now that the Hat in question is Fake and Regimentals should be told..... However it’s his word against ours and knowing Malcolm Fisher he wouldn’t listen to reasoning, and this is from past experience.
    Last edited by Stevade; 11-03-2020 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Spelling

the sophisticated reproduction merchants do not spoil their ship for ha'p'orth of tar by accident, call it the road sign for the future. the subtle difference that points the finger to something's not quite right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine ss nco cap   Allgemeine ss nco cap  

?

thanks for sharing.

Well after all that debate regarding the so called original Cap from Regimentals ... It’s been sold, not to me thankfully after I had thrown caution to the wind and took the advice of the Expert.

Another fake hat in someones collection with a Life time Guarantee .... Original .. and it’s down to you to prove otherwise before you get your money back.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast