Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an American Bund overseas cap?

Article about: This came in a sizable lot of Militaria ranging from the 1910s, 1920s, all the way to the Vietnam timeframe. Fresh from a local theater director’s private collection of military “garment

Default Is this an American Bund overseas cap?

This came in a sizable lot of Militaria ranging from the 1910s, 1920s, all the way to the Vietnam timeframe. Fresh from a local theater director’s private collection of military “garments”. Unpicked through, I’m sure, as in the lot was an awesome banana wars marine grouping that I doubt another collector would’ve left behind.

I posted this on the USMF asking for identification, and a lot of theories were thrown up but there wasn’t a definitive answer. One such suggestions was that this might be an American Bund piece. At first I thought that was a bit of a stretch, but comparing it to the one example listed as such online they bear striking similarities. The pattern of the material, the cut, and the sewing seem nearly identical. There’s a chance it’s total junk, but I feel like it’s too much of a coincidence to overlook entirely. There was a load of 1930s pieces in the lot, so the odds have to be kind of reasonable!

If I’m just wishful thinking, please just tell me so. The same goes if the cap that I attached photos of is mislabeled/fake (its on a website I’m not familiar with)

My cap is the pink piped one!

Any information is greatly appreciated, thanks
    CC

Is this an American Bund overseas cap?Is this an American Bund overseas cap?Is this an American Bund overseas cap?Is this an American Bund overseas cap?Is this an American Bund overseas cap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an American Bund overseas cap?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not sure what it is. But I would generally give John T the benefit of doubt on him tagging the yellow piped cap as Bund related. He knows his stuff and tries very hard to authenticate all the items on his website.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Do you think he’d mind if I email him pictures of my cap in hopes of getting his input? The lining & piping color is different, so they’re obviously not the same, but with what these things cost it probably doesn’t hurt to be a little bit wishful.

MAP
    ?

John is a great guy and helpful. So it wouldn't hurt to try
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)