Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Artillery Visor, "Schellenberg", but not really...

Article about: So, i have this visor in my possession for some time now. Bought it for 70€ as a repro cap and with my limited knowledge, i can already determine by myself that it is exactly that. Its mad

Default Artillery Visor, "Schellenberg", but not really...

So, i have this visor in my possession for some time now. Bought it for 70€ as a repro cap and with my limited knowledge, i can already
    determine by myself that it is exactly that. Its made-yesterday, mint overall look, the advertised "Stirndruckfrei" system that is not present, no signs of ever having an eagle attached......but then again, this cap is of much better quality that other repros i had before. It shows little details that just stand out when you compare it to far-east-produced, cheap copies. The (very dark) green center band closes in front, not in the back, for example. The fabric underneath the first piping, at the base of the visor, is made of a different material than the main body. The sweatband seems to be made of very brittle Ersatzmaterial and the sweatshield is not the usual cheap plastic.

Can anybody tell me who produced caps like these - and when?
    Thank you very much in advance,

Svlad

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillery Visor, "Schellenberg", but not really...
    P
    Many

?

Mein lieber Scholli!
    IMHO what you have there is a late war, original Schellenberg cap. If you add a 0 to the price you paid it still would be a bargain in this condition. All you need is the Geier. BTW - if you don't want it, I would take it for that price

?

Looks like a real untouched beauty ! Look at the height of that swept back crown.
    Regards, Al

....you guys are not pulling a newbie's leg, are you? This hat was offered as a reproduction "for carnival, theater or playing dress-up" on Kleinanzeigen ( the german craigslist, i guess),
    and since it looked better than other caps i`ve seen in that price range, i bought it. Thank you both very much for your expertise! This is a rather unexpected outcome that i have to let sink in.

?

Why doesn't it happen to me? No legpulling - had I seen it, I would have taken it immediately. Schöne Grüße nach Köln dem Glückspilz!

Dankesehr!

Here's a screenshot of the ad. It was also listed as "General's Visor", and first i thought it was carmine piped, for General Staff....

?

I'm no expert but I agree with ErWeSa who is well versed in the finer points of these visors. I've never seen a reproduction cap that matched that quality. An unissued cap to be sure (new old stock) well preserved like mint.

I'm sure you'll get more feedback from the hat crowd!
    Regards, Al

Agree with the above--textbook late-war Schelly--congrats!
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Very nice. Played the lotto and won.

Congrats.

Tim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast