Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Assistance with Heer Officers Crusher cap

Article about: Gentleman, I appreciate your assistance so far with my medals, I am in the process of attempting to get a refund, I will continue posting with your permission on the others I have for assist

Default Assistance with Heer Officers Crusher cap

Gentleman, I appreciate your assistance so far with my medals, I am in the process of attempting to get a refund, I will continue posting with your permission on the others I have for assistance. In the meantime, I would like some help with my cap collection. Firstly is my officers crusher cap, any thoughts on authenticity and if fake the reasons please. Once again, thank you in advance.Assistance with Heer Officers Crusher capAssistance with Heer Officers Crusher capAssistance with Heer Officers Crusher capAssistance with Heer Officers Crusher capAssistance with Heer Officers Crusher cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Heer Officers Crusher cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Heer Officers Crusher cap
    P
    Many

Good mid-war Pekuro.
    Cap is technically a "crusher type" as the visor is vulcanfiber.
    (I have its twin).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

stirndruckfrei deutsches reichspatent or "(Fore)Head Pressure Free german patent" (something close to that) mid war, like Stonemint said Pekuro. Correct liner. Looks good to me but don't take my word for it. Especially my German

?

I’m surprised to see the eagle hand-sewn on so crudley. Was that common? Not something I have knowledge about so just wondering.

Although I normally don't post on Third Reich items but I have to agree with Simonk. I've never seen a Heer cap with such sloppy sewn insignia. Honestly, I thought it was a poorly made reproduction or parts cap. I'm always trying to increase my knowledge be it either Third Reich or USSR items. So can someone educate me on why it's a legit piece? Just wondering.

Thank you!

Gerry C.

From the DUSTY High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

?

You are correct what concerns the insignia. The cap itself is original, Peküro seems to have used up old marcella material (for white-top caps which couldn't be produced any longer?) for white piped caps at some time given, see also here:

Ww2 ir 17?

Assistance with Heer Officers Crusher cap

Here is another one of these Pekuro mid-war visors (like I said, I do not consider them crushers, but "crusher-type").
    Same eagle--they do not match the wreath on these, and the eagles are hand-sewn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Heer Officers Crusher cap   Assistance with Heer Officers Crusher cap  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

You never stop learning. I like the others had an issue with the sewing, but as you say “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.” Thanks Chris

?

Did anyone notice that the piping is made of "pique" or "marcella" fabric? This is the waffle-pattern cloth used to make Luftwaffe white-top visor caps, among other things. I find the smooth cap band very interesting too! Thanks for posting these caps...

?

Quote by Arran View Post
    Did anyone notice that the piping is made of "pique" or "marcella" fabric? This is the waffle-pattern cloth used to make Luftwaffe white-top visor caps, among other things. I find the smooth cap band very interesting too! Thanks for posting these caps...
    See post # 6!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast