Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Assistance with Reich Level NSDAP Visore

Article about: Gentlemen, I have managed to find a possible replacement NSDAP Reich level visor for my recent purchased Ordensburg Vogelsang visor. My examination on paper looks good, I would appreciate yo

Default Assistance with Reich Level NSDAP Visore

Gentlemen, I have managed to find a possible replacement NSDAP Reich level visor for my recent purchased Ordensburg Vogelsang visor. My examination on paper looks good, I would appreciate your review and thoughts on authenticity please. I have added some pictures in the sunlight to show off the waffen farbe. As always, many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Assistance with Reich Level NSDAP Visore   Assistance with Reich Level NSDAP Visore  

Assistance with Reich Level NSDAP Visore   Assistance with Reich Level NSDAP Visore  

Assistance with Reich Level NSDAP Visore   Assistance with Reich Level NSDAP Visore  

Assistance with Reich Level NSDAP Visore  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Assistance with Reich Level NSDAP Visore
    P
    Many

My first thought - with the exception of the zinc eagle - was 'this is a very nice Reichs level visor'. IMO an authentic piece. The only point that I somehow don't like is the RZM label. The color looks oddly dark - but that may be due to the exposure of the photo - and the print looks kind of unclean and sloppy.

Thank you sir, I too was wondering about the Zinc eagle, was this a common item? In addition, is the bill on the Right side looking directly at it from underneath coming apart? cheers.Keith

Quote by Bencejones View Post
    Thank you sir, I too was wondering about the Zinc eagle, was this a common item? In addition, is the bill on the Right side looking directly at it from underneath coming apart? cheers.Keith
    These eagles were also available in a zinc version. The oak leaves were also available in zinc. The zinc finish is often found on late pieces. The disadvantage is obvious, the gold plating is usually gone and the parts look unattractively silver-grey. On closer inspection I have to say that this eagle was probably never gold-plated but silver-plated. So it could be an exchange piece that was actually used for an SA or HJ cap.

It is real, but the major issue is that the visor is separating from the body.
    Unfortunately, once started, it is a process that will continue, and eventually the visor will separate from the body of the cap.

It needs restoration by a professional with original (matching) thread (neither of which will be easy to find).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”