Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can any one tell me about this cap it was my fathers for many years

Article about: Hi had great replays from the steel helmet guys on my fathers steel lid he also had this cap for many years can any one tell me what it is

Default Can any one tell me about this cap it was my fathers for many years

Hi had great replays from the steel helmet guys on my fathers steel lid he also had this cap for many years can any one tell me what it is
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can any one tell me about this cap it was my fathers for many years   Can any one tell me about this cap it was my fathers for many years  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can any one tell me about this cap it was my fathers for many years
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Can any one tell me about this cap it was my fathers for many years

Can you turn the photos please? I have a bad neck and it's getting worse looking at these pics.

It seems to be an original NCO cap for Artillery as denoted by the red piping or waffenfarbe. The cap guys will fill you in on the finer details.
    You will need to post some pics of the interior too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Judging from the red piping it should be Artillery(Hochrot)

Regards, Lars

Yes, it looks like an artillery Heer NCO or Mannschaften Schirmütze. These are often mistakenly referred to as officers caps. The black chin strap tells me it was for a Sergeant rank or lower. An interior shot will help us determine where it was made. If you (very) carefully pull back the lining on the sweat band you may see an ink stamp denoting the unit associated with the cap. NH

Yeah from the picture it is a nice artillery NCO or EM visor. I like all I see on it. No problems with that one. Sounds like good background Nice Cap! timothy

Artillery NCO Officer, nice cap!

Quote by Mashie02 View Post
    Hi had great replays from the steel helmet guys on my fathers steel lid he also had this cap for many years can any one tell me what it is
    It is a nice Heer (Army) artillery red piping nco/em cap.Nice piece and the background is nice to read about! If you can take a shot of the inside as all the members like to see the makers.

Wonderful

Can we see the inside of this cap? So far,, looks like a fine Artillery enlisted cap!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

yep it's a pre war contract cap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast