Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Whis is your favorite branch in the nazi era ?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wehrmacht

12 22.22%
  • Luftwaffe

5 9.26%
  • Kriegsmarine

4 7.41%
  • Waffen SS

19 35.19%
  • Allgemeine SS

5 9.26%
  • SS VT

4 7.41%
  • NSDAP

2 3.70%
  • SA

0 0%
  • Civilian

2 3.70%
  • Other

1 1.85%
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The cap fan poll

Article about: I like SA caps, too. This was mine, but I traded it to a friend. It was in Saris Spronk book and I did not even know it, and still sold it. Haha At least it, and the other caps I sold went t

Default The cap fan poll

Hello the cap collectors, just a little poll question, if you are a German collector or if you like just the WW II history, please give your answer about this simple question : wich is your favorite branch in the nazi era ? and why ?
    thanks all
    Sebastien.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The cap fan poll
    P
    Many

Default Re: The cap fan poll

In your delineation of the SS, you neglect: SSTV and SD/Sipo. They should be there, too, granted your schema.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The cap fan poll  

Agree with you F.B, I take waffen ss, the skull legend is great....true combat unit, and a elite !

I think the SSTV (which became part of the Waffen SS by 1940) is the most sought after by collectors. I have a black officer's cap of an SSTV officer which was wrongly sold as just an Allgemeine SS officer's cap. The details are always decisive.

I prefer black SS caps to the grey, but the grey are in high demand.

Of course, they are also so suffocated with fakes that it is all too confusing and silly.

Each cap has its own poetry and place, regardless of the propaganda reputation of a part of the Nazi state.

Suum cuique is my motto.

Here on the right is said cap of an SSTV man commissioned in late 1936 or early 1937. The one on the left ended up in the Shea Beaver book after I sold it.... I guess I should not have, but it went to a fine home of a member here. The red card at right is a ticket for the Reichsparteitag, which is an amusing piece of the past, as well as the map of the Reichparteitaggelaende.

I can almost guarantee that the branch I voted for will receive only one vote....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Yes! TV collectors demand equal time!

?

And SD collectors are joining in protest!

Although I don't own any Waffen SS these are most desirable to me. I can easily find all the Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe I want. But a affordable W. SS Visor is very difficult to obtain.

Quote by Karl S. View Post
    Although I don't own any Waffen SS these are most desirable to me. I can easily find all the Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe I want. But a affordable W. SS Visor is very difficult to obtain.

The issue is "affordable" in view of this demand. Of course, the other point is the following: not all grey SS caps are Waffen SS caps. Some may well have been Allgemeine SS caps for those entitled to wear the grey uniform in a full time billet, of which there was more than one. And others were from the SD/Sipo or the R u S H A or the Ahnenerbe et cetera. I do not want to split hairs, but many of these grey SS caps one's sees have an unknown origin, even when authentic.

I personally could care less, so long as the thing is real. I own several grey SS caps, and I think one is Waffen SS, but I do not know about the others. Once more, es ist mir scheissegal

I wish my colleague in Pennsylvania much good fortune and celebrate Chris Stonemint's refined taste.

Thanks to Bruce Antiquefrog for his nice images. I, too, am an SSTV and SD/Sipo collector, in fact.

Happy hats wherever you are!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast