Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Cap from Guernsey, but no idea what it is.

Article about: I have recently acquired a collection from Guernsey. It was gathered up at the end of the Occupation and has been in the attic of a house ever since. I will be posting various bits and piece

Default Cap from Guernsey, but no idea what it is.

I have recently acquired a collection from Guernsey. It was gathered up at the end of the Occupation and has been in the attic of a house ever since. I will be posting various bits and pieces over the coming weeks but this cap has me stumped. I thought at first it had been dyed, but it definitely has not been. Its a sort of chocolate brown with a felt like finish to it. On the front there appears to have been an eagle and cockade which has been cut off damaging a bit of the cloth. Its in fairly poor condition with holes and what looks like paint on it. I am just intrigued to know if anyone has a idea as to what it is. It has the German style and feel to it but it just does not look like anything I have seen before.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap from Guernsey, but no idea what it is.   Cap from Guernsey, but no idea what it is.  

Cap from Guernsey, but no idea what it is.   Cap from Guernsey, but no idea what it is.  

Cap from Guernsey, but no idea what it is.   Cap from Guernsey, but no idea what it is.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap from Guernsey, but no idea what it is.
    P
    Many

Was the Org. Todt on Guernsey? Might be an M-43 from that organisation (with stripped insignia).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Hi,
    The OT were in all the Channel Islands. I had thought of the OT, but not having seen an OT hat like this one I just was not sure. Be great to know for sure...anyone else know what it might be.
    D

Stripped RAD cap?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I was thinking RAD cap

It could be RAD, would be great if someone had a good example of a similar cap to show.
    D