Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Could anyone help me please as to this NCOs/EMs Heer visor cap? Many thanks

Article about: Good afternoon, Looking at this cap from the German militaria dealer history-shop.de (Militarische und zeitgeschichtliche Antiquitaten - History Shop) and wondering whether it is good or not

RTH
    ?

Sorry would you mind explaining that?

Many thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Could anyone help me please as to this NCOs/EMs Heer visor cap? Many thanks
    P
    Many

RTH
    ?

I was going to ask if there was a way I could adjust the peak as it seems to have got a little off centre if this has anything to do with what you are talking about.

Many thanks

?

In many caps there is a ring of metal inside the crown. Sometimes this ring slips out of place and then the crown is misshaped. If you take a look and/or have a feel you can see/feel this metal ring. It should go around inside the crown and not have slipped down on the side panels at any place. If this metal ring is rusty every attempt to put it back up where it belongs might break it - so only try to do this when the metal ring is intact. Then the shape of the crown should get its original shape after some days without any "bumping" of the side panels.

?

Red arrow: metal ring seems to be in place. Black arrow: ring seems to have slipped down. (Of course the support spring behind the center seam could also have slipped out of place to the right when looking at the cap - if you try to pull the seam back over this vertical spring going from the centerband-stiffener to the top [green arrow] be VERY careful! Better don't try if you are not sure how to do it, you might do some severe damage to the cap!).

RTH
    ?

Sorry, still not following you 100%. This cap doesn't seem to have such a feature or maybe I've missed it. Maybe this pictures clear it up.

Many thanks

?

There really seems to be no spring ("Lager-Bügel") inside. So better leave it as it is - it is a nice cap anyway.

Its a very thin ring of wire which runs along the inner top of the cap, usually in line with the seam. It isn't always readily visible, but if you push the outside of the cap inwards with your finger along the upper piping and it pops back out, the spring is present and probably will require removing to re-shape.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Here is a picture of a modern cap with this ring still inside (it should be removed by pulling the white tag out together with the metal ring):

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...-cap-lable.jpg

RTH
    ?

OK, thank you very much. Sorry, posted most recent message before seeing your post.

Many thanks

RTH
    ?

Is there any other way to reshape a cap? Or is it best not to?

Many thanksb

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast