Kpemig.de - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Heer Infanterie Schiffchen

Article about: Early this year I was finally able to add an example that had eluded me: an early Army Schiffchen (side cap, slip cap, overseas cap, etc. etc. etc.) with the light gray insignia. The cap has

TWS
    ?

Default Early Heer Infanterie Schiffchen

Early this year I was finally able to add an example that had eluded me: an early Army Schiffchen (side cap, slip cap, overseas cap, etc. etc. etc.) with the light gray insignia. The cap has definitely been washed a good bit and the markings in the liner are about 90% gone with just traces remaining. Because I already had some boxes open, I grabbed most of the rest of the crew for an ensemble lineup at the end. Zoom in on any cap you like. The standard resolution doesn't show a lot of detail in the group shots.

Early Heer Infanterie SchiffchenEarly Heer Infanterie SchiffchenEarly Heer Infanterie SchiffchenEarly Heer Infanterie SchiffchenEarly Heer Infanterie SchiffchenEarly Heer Infanterie SchiffchenEarly Heer Infanterie Schiffchen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Heer Infanterie Schiffchen
    P
    Many

Very nice hat and line up Todd
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

I see you have a fantastic new Infanterie cap, as well! Very nice! I really like that light-grey eagle. Great line-up too!

Brilliant piece, this type is still one that’s on my list.

T, I think you got the market cornered on the full spectrum of WH Overseas....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Impressive line up.
    Cheers,
    Colin

Great gruop there!
    Regards
    Santi

TWS
    ?

Quote by SHEMP H View Post
    Very nice hat and line up Todd
    Thanks Bill!
    Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    Brilliant piece, this type is still one that’s on my list.
    Thank-you Bodhi. I understand. It was on my list for a long time. I missed out on a couple similar examples in the past.
    Quote by stonemint View Post
    T, I think you got the market cornered on the full spectrum of WH Overseas....
    Thanks Stoney. Flattery will get you everywhere.
    Quote by ME110 View Post
    Impressive line up.
    Cheers,
    Colin
    Thanks Colin!
    Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    Great gruop there!
    Regards
    Santi
    Thank-you Santi!

Attempting to clear my throat.. he croaked ... "WOW" !!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Heer Infanterie Schiffchen  

Hello,
    As you know insignia vowen on light grey indicate a very early production. Here i'm not convinced by two features, the woolen cloth and the metal airvents are made of. I'm not saying that this Feldmütze is a reproduction or a fake made for deceive, in my opinion it's original, but from a later production. The woolen cloth does not look like the material used in the years 1935-1937 and until now, all very early Feldmützen i've seen or handled, including mine, had airvents made of brass, not from a metal that can rust.
    Also, both stitchings that should prevent the frontal part of the Feldmütze to be pulled down are missing....that's odd, it's like they've never been there.

Sorry for that but that's how i see this piece of headgear. I've been wrong in the past and will be in the future, if the wool question can be tricky as production was increased and many wools can have been used, the airvents were not made in iron in 1936 or 1936 for sure.

I'm not saying this have been done by a dealer or a collector, it could have been wartime done...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast